Entering pencilmarks on dubbed puzzle?

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Entering pencilmarks on dubbed puzzle?

Postby davewhiteav8r » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:17 pm

Just dubbed my first puzzle. When I started to play, I discovered that I cannot enter pencil marks using the left control key (keyboard entry) or with the right mouse button (mouse entry). Is this a limitation of the program or did I do somethng wrong?

If it's a program thing, it needs to be fixed!!!!
davewhiteav8r

Postby MCC » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:21 pm

Dave have you verified the dubbed puzzle? or pressed play?
MCC

Postby Pappocom » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:28 pm

As MCC suggests, the right-click pencilmarks only work once the puzzle is in-play.

Pencilmarks make no sense when you are still just dubbing the puzzle in, because puzzles (as printed) don't have pencilmarks in them.

If you are wanting to dub-in a puzzle that someone else, perhaps, has partly-solved, you can dub-in the original clues, verify the puzzle, and then add the additional numbers and pencilmarks.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Pencimarks in dubbed puzzles

Postby davewhiteav8r » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:38 pm

Yep, I verified the puzzle, and then tried to play it. Play is normal, except as noted in my first message. Using either method (moutse or keyboard), it is not possible to enter pencil marks when playing the dubbed puzzle.
davewhiteav8r

Postby Pappocom » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:13 am

So you are saying there is still a problem? Pencilmarks cannot be entered, it seems.

Could you press F4 to bring up the Game Options dialog. In the top-right corner there is a frame called "Allow Pencilmarks". Please make sure that you have a checkmark opposite the grade of the dubbed puzzle.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback