Dubbing

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Dubbing

Postby youngbaz » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:14 am

As has already been mentioned elsewhere in the Wishlist forum, The Times has now introduced a Samurai Sudoku in its Saturday edition. This consists of five interlocking 9x9 puzzles. It is not possible to solve any of the five puzzles in isolation, but, with partial information carried across at the interlocking points, eventually all five may be solved as a whole.

I should very much like to be able to dub the five individual puzzles onto the computer program (pencil marking is so much more convenient on screen) and work through them that way. However the dubbing program is so set up that this is not currently possible ... the program insists on 'verifying' the puzzle you have dubbed, and, since the individual puzzle cannot be solved without interchange with the other four puzzles in the Samurai, returns 'Invalid', and will not allow you to continue.

It would be nice if it were possible to override the verification process please. I know the puzzle is invalid at that point, just let me go with it.

Also, and I don't know if this is already possible, it would need to be possible to save and return to up to five partially solved dubbed puzzles.

My breath is bated!
youngbaz

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:39 am

I'm all for it, what a good idea.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby RFB » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:25 pm

I have stopped using Pappocom's program because of the lack of this function (amongst other features).

I find Simes' program much each to use for dubbed puzzles.
http://www.simes.clara.co.uk/programs/sudoku.htm

Bob
RFB

Postby simes » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:11 pm

Hey thanks Bob!

(Although mine won't handle Samurai either.)
Last edited by simes on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
simes

Postby youngbaz » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:14 am

OK Mr (or is it Ms or O Senhor?) Simes ...

Your diligence in following the forum has earnt you a sale - or at least a download of your initial free trial! No doubt I shall succumb and pay up ere the 30 days are up, as I did with Pappocom.

Barry
youngbaz

Return to Forum questions and feedback