Downloading

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Downloading

Postby Kirsty » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:12 pm

:(I won't download your lovely puzzle because my safety checks say there is no know author. Any suggestions?
Kirsty

Postby Pappocom » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:26 pm

If that worries you, you should certainly not download the program. I respect your decision.

I did investigate this issue when I was setting up. My conclusion was that the security offered to others by my becoming certified as a "known" author was shallow and illusory. The only advantage seemed to be to those who offered the certificates - the very one-sided advantage of fund-raising. I made a conscious decision not to participate in this scheme.

Of course, I appreciate that other reasonable people can look at the same issues and come to a contrary opinion.

I appreciate that I will miss out on the occasional sale, but my integrity is intact.

I will keep the matter under review, however, and the time may come when circumstances change and I change my opinion.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby simes » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:45 pm

Kirsty,

Read through the forums and you'll see that many people have downloaded and installed the program without any ill effects. But of course, the final decision is still yours.
Last edited by simes on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
simes

Re: Downloading

Postby tnm91 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:53 pm

Kirsty wrote::(I won't download your lovely puzzle because my safety checks say there is no know author. Any suggestions?

This is a "bug" in Windows XP. You can either continue, or try an older version of Windows. If you wrote a program, and ran it on your own computer, it'd say there is no known author also. ^^
tnm91

Return to Forum questions and feedback