Downloading Sudoku Forum site

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Downloading Sudoku Forum site

Postby Cec » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:43 am

When typing a lengthy post or Private Message I occassionally "lose" my typing though it is now happening more frequently. It happened just now and I apologize for my bad language. I am advised on the screen to try using the "Refresh" button which doesn't revive my typing or download the forum site again.

I'm not a PC guru and I'm worried I might lose all my history if I have to uninstall the forum program to download the program again.

Any help as to how i should proceed would be appreciated.

Cec
Cec

Postby ab » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:14 pm

I'm not going to suggest a technical fix, but this sort of things happen with a lot of forums, not really sure why. One non technical solution is to type your message in a word processor such as word or notepad and then copy and paste to the upload form. I do this sometimes when I want to make a long post.
ab

Downloading sudoku forum site.

Postby Cec » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:24 am

Thanks ab for your quick response and with other commitments I haven't been able to reply earlier. Though a technical fix to my problem would be preferable your suggestion worked OK when a sent a Private Message to another member today. Thanks again for your help.

Cec
Cec

Postby Smythe Dakota » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:46 am

Whenever I submit a post, just before I hit the Submit button, I lasso my entire post by hitting first control-A (highlighting the entire post), then control-C (copying it to the clipboard). That way, if I lose the connection and have to start over, I can just hit control-V (with the cursor in the text area of the reply screen) to paste the entire clipboard.

When you hit control-A, make sure the cursor is somewhere inside your post, otherwise the entire screen may be clipboarded.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Downloading sudoku Forum site.

Postby Cec » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:19 am

Thanks Bill for your above comments. However, because I never know when I will lose my typing I'd be taking a chance to hold off copying my text right up to the stage when I'm ready to hit the submit button. So far - and I've got my fingers crossed - I haven't had the problem of losing my typing if I type directly into a word document or outlook express window box and then copy and paste it to the forum window box as suggested by ab above.

Cec
Cec

Return to Forum questions and feedback