Do posts disappear for whatever reason on this forum??

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Postby evert » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:14 am

Hi,
evert

Re: Do posts disappear for whatever reason on this forum??

Postby angusj » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:13 am

evert wrote:Do posts disappear for whatever reason on this forum??

http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?p=21173#p21173
angusj

Postby ab » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:24 pm

the forum is moderated by pappocom. so they can, if they wish remove posts. Usually they will argue that the post is offensive or it is spam.

One guy asked a question about generating puzzles on a pc in the general forum. I posted a reply and for some reason pappocom closed down that topic and then later removed the post. They said there was a solver programs forum for such topics. I thought that was a bit of an OTT response, but it's their forum, so they can do that if they want!
ab

Postby angusj » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:10 pm

ab wrote:I thought that was a bit of an OTT response, but it's their forum, so they can do that if they want!

I disagree. Pappocom has a large financial interest in Sudoku making, so he'd be rather silly (in a business sense) if he allowed others to advertise their competing product in his forum. In fact, I think he's been very light handed in regard to discussions of competing programmes here.
angusj

Postby ab » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:09 am

i was not trying to sell a competing product. I was discussing how to generate sudokus on a pc. to me that seems no different to discussing solving techniques or providing links to tell you how to compose sudoku puzzles as others have done.

i think pappocom was unhappy because the topic was posted in the wrong part of the forum, in which case he could have moved it. there may have been another reason why he was unhappy? only pappocom could answer that.
ab

Return to Forum questions and feedback