Creating/copying Killers

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Creating/copying Killers

Postby moggymidge » Sun May 07, 2006 11:19 am

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction please??

If I find a really tough Sudoku on a website I prefer to print it out and solve it on paper, similarly if a Sudoku in a book is proving difficult I will enter the Sudoku into one of the many computer solvers/creators available and print it out (many times) to work on it.

In relation to Killers my question is - does anybody know of such a Killer solver/creator where you are given the ability somehow to put the cages and cage totals into a blank grid and then print it out?

Or does anyone have any tips on creating Killer cages/grids another way?

Thank You - Moggy
moggymidge

Postby udosuk » Sun May 07, 2006 12:32 pm

3 of these I know of:

1. Perfect Sudoku by djape - the most prestigious entity known in the "killer sudoku community", the designer himself is holding a newer, more powerful unreleased version, but the current available version is a bit dated now...

2. JSudoku by JC - heavily java involved but with a very powerful solving engine

3. SumoCue by Ruud - a quite recently released freeware which could also solve "Jigsaw" puzzles... Ruud himself invented a nice & easy looking representation of killer sudoku grids...
udosuk

Postby moggymidge » Sun May 07, 2006 1:35 pm

Thanks udosuk for such a prompt reply.

The Sumocue solver from Ruud is exactly what I was looking for.:D

From reading some of the other posts in this forum I always thought Ruud was a genius - now this confirms it:!:

Thanks again (and Thank You Ruud), Moggy
moggymidge

Return to Sudoku variants