Colorpatch Choices

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Colorpatch Choices

Postby David Cole » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:19 am

I would like to use subtle color differences for colorpatches much like those used on message boards and spreadsheets. Could there be a button to disable color checking at a person's own risk. I understand that you want to protect the innocent from having unreadable text, but there are many fine sofware programs that allow free color choice. The present color limitations makes for a pretty garish set of colorpatches.
David Cole

Postby Pappocom » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:37 am

I wouldn't want to disable the code that ensures the colorpatches are distinctly different, even as a switchable option.

However, that's not really what you want, is it? I think you are asking if you can change the colors. If that's so, there is good news. You can.

The Appearance files (.saf files) that ship with Sudoku have one of two color schemes for colorpatches. There is a Bright set (the default) and a Pastel set. When you say your colorpatches are garish, you are probably looking at the Bright set. If you experiment with other Appearance files, you will find one that uses the Pastel set.

For more information, look up "Pastel color-set" in the Index of the Sudoku Help window.

If you want to make a new Appearance file with Pastel colors, start with one of the preset Appearance files that has the Pastel set and modify its other settings. When you are done, save your new Appearance file under a different name.

Of course, you can change individual colors anyway, so (if you want to go the effort) you could make an entirely new co-ordinated set that is neither Bright nor Pastel.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby afecay » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:54 am

Interesting I might try that next time I play.
afecay

Return to Forum questions and feedback