[Off-topic] Clever Web Puzzle

For fans of all other kinds of logic puzzles

Postby udosuk » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:32 pm

Oh my god. After MCC helped me thru the 3D picture, I got into a run and rushed up to the last question (#2) within 1/2 hr. Then I stuck on there for 3 whole HOURS! And I'm from Australia (you'll see that's relevant when you get there...). Finally got past it and thought I finished as 1 of 55 people that made it there. Then It says there may be 6 more bonus questions! I'm going mad now. Will challenge it tomorrow. Now I'm in position to help somebody else...
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:31 am

Does "Figlio Del Temporale" (Italian for "Son of the Thunderstorm") ring a bell for anyone? And will a sound clip of thunder help? This is the question on page #1...

Just had a look at the homepage and discovered that the 6 bonus questions are of a higher difficulty then the previous 19...
udosuk

Postby kat » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:44 am

how do you do this puzzle i don't understand
:!::!::!::!::!:
kat

I do like Abba !

Postby coloin » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:53 am

kat wrote:how do you do this puzzle i don't understand
:!::!::!::!::!:

I got to a map of London and Abba - where were the clues - an arrow pointing to the blonde one - [I always prefered the brunnette]. Then I gave up - well done on those who persevered - but I am intrigued by the 3-D picture and the Australian connection.

I suppose it s a Man-thing - I didnt read the hints page - I wanted to do it without the hints - purist that I am - Thats when my case collapsed.

Please let me know if one of you wins !
coloin

Postby udosuk » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:32 pm

I've finished the first set of 19 questions, if you would consider that as "winning"...

As for the second set of 6 questions, I don't even have a clue about the first one... I'm more than willing to help anyone to get there...

And scrose, I believe you're no longer stuck on #7? I got past it using your hints precisely. Thank you!
udosuk

Postby scrose » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:40 pm

udosuk wrote:And scrose, I believe you're no longer stuck on #7? I got past it using your hints precisely.

No, I'm still stuck on #7... Please give me a hint on how to use my own hints!:D
scrose

Postby udosuk » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:10 pm

You posted 2 answers, I just tried them both and one of them is right!
(The format is very straight forward...)
udosuk

Postby scrose » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:18 pm

For goodness sakes... My own clumsiness was to blame. I had accidentally typed in .hhtml instead of .html. Thanks udosuk!
scrose

Postby steveoracle » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:36 am

good puzzle though innit?
steveoracle

Postby MCC » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:56 am

udosuk wrote:Oh my god. After MCC helped me thru the 3D picture, I got into a run and rushed up to the last question (#2) within 1/2 hr. Then I stuck on there for 3 whole HOURS! And I'm from Australia (you'll see that's relevant when you get there...). Finally got past it and thought I finished as 1 of 55 people that made it there. Then It says there may be 6 more bonus questions! I'm going mad now. Will challenge it tomorrow. Now I'm in position to help somebody else...

OK udosuk how about a little help from you with #7 ( thats if I've got the numbering right), the yellow,red and green circles:?:

Re the Clash, it's the UK version of the sleeve, the USA sleeve is slightly different.
MCC

Postby steveoracle » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:34 pm

what goes red, green, amber
steveoracle

Postby udosuk » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:51 pm

MCC, the correct order is red, amber, green... And the circular shape should be obvious enough... The answer is very long (10+ letters)... Hope I didn't spoil too much here...

scrose, I think you'll get to #2 (the Australian animal) in no time. You need to have 1. ability to distinguish animal sounds 2. a bit of "far-fetched imagination" to solve that one, which sadly I had neither when I was stranded there. Can't wait to hear from you about tips on the extra questions...

(5 mins later)
OMG! I just solved the 1st extra question (as the 9th competitor)! Will keep you guys up-to-date with the progress...
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:15 pm

Okay, I really need some collective wisdom here... I got a short clip of T2 the movie here where the liquid metal robot emerge from the floor and morph into human shape behind a security guard. The question is "I'm the name of ...". I've tried "terminator2judgementday", "robertpatrick", "t1000", "arnoldschwarzenegger","lindahamilton","jamescameron" and other similar choices and patterns but none of them is right. Any suggestion will be appreciated!
udosuk

Postby MCC » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:20 pm

Thanks udosuk.
I did try this but tend to think of 'them' in the plural.

Have made it to #12 'not a kangaroo'.

Is it an Australian marsupial:?:
I've tried all that I can think of, but no luck so far.

I've no thoughts on the Terminator so far.
MCC

Postby udosuk » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:57 pm

Like I mentioned, you need to have the eerie talent of distinguishing animal sounds to solve that one (listen to the sound clip!) ^_^. After you determine the type of animal (it's not kangaroo or anything like that) and you know about the country (Australia), connect them together and think what could spring into the mind of an average British or American person.

Still stuck on Terminator. You know what? I just google the site's address and found that Mr. steveoracle is the major contributor of most of the hits. ^_^ I know he's at least up to #-1 (same as me). Steve, please kindly give me some hints after you crack it!

As for the number 1 extra question, just read my replies here, should be enough information...
udosuk

PreviousNext

Return to Other logic puzzles