CEC Problems

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

CEC Problems

Postby Jasper32 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:01 pm

Cec has asked me to post here telling one and all that he is sorry he cannot post any messages because he can't contact his ISP nor does his phone work but he will be back on on line as soon as possible. My personal observation is since he lives "down under" it is understandable that the world is upside down to them so that is what they should expect.
Jasper32

Postby tarek » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 pm

ISP is PSI reversed. That what Cec needs to do, Pressure his Provider:D

Hope to hear from him soon

tarek
tarek

Postby Glyn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:23 am

Jasper32 Re CEC loss of internet .Do his problems stem from the recent update by Microsoft to combat the DNS cache vulnerability? That threw me for a day this week, until I found the appropriate firewall settings. If so it might be worth rolling back to a system prior to the changes to see if that solves it. Zone Alarm was affected plus other more obscure ones like the one I use.
Glyn

Re: CEC Problems

Postby Cec » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:24 am

Jasper32 wrote:My personal observation is since he lives "down under" it is understandable that the world is upside down to them so that is what they should expect.

Thanks Jasper32 for posting your message. I'm sure this is your wicked sense of humour coming to the fore.:)
The good news is I've got things going again and Glyn was "on the ball" as we say in "Aussie land" in that Zone Alarm was the source of the problem - I'm not a PC guru so I fixed the problem by disarming it.
The phone's now working too and so is the medication for a nasty Flu virus. All in all this hasn't been a good week:(

Thanks guys for your wellwishers.

Cec
Cec

Postby Pat » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:11 pm

Cec wrote:The phone's now working too and so is the medication for a nasty Flu virus

hey Cec, am i to understand that your phone had the flu -- and infected your ISP ??
Pat

Re: CEC Problems

Postby udosuk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Cec wrote:All in all this hasn't been a good week:(

Same here, across the nation.:(

But I don't like to share too much of my personal mishaps. Hopefully life will always be brighter tomorrow!

Luckily (?) the technical issues haven't affected me this time.

And some Aussie Rules footy chat with my matey Cec, my team (the Swans) have been disgustingly sucking for the last two weeks.:(
udosuk

Cec's problems

Postby Cec » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Pat wrote:hey Cec, am i to understand that your phone had the flu -- and infected your ISP ??

Nice one Pat and witty . I'll use this twist to get me off the "hook".:)

udosuk wrote:"...But I don't like to share too much of my personal mishaps. Hopefully life will always be brighter tomorrow!...........
And some Aussie Rules footy chat with my matey Cec, my team (the Swans) have been disgustingly sucking for the last two weeks.:(

Point taken udosuk. Sometimes I post the first thing that comes into my head which is not always a good thing. With my computer problem and phone mishap occuring almost simultaneously, for some stupid reason I thought of the old cliche how "things" often come in "threes" - catching the flu merely became the trifecta to complete this cliche.

As to the Aussie Rules footy chat, yes, the Swans haven't gone well over the past two weeks and I think Barry Hall's drop in form has a lot to do with their performances.The "Hawks" (Hawthorn), who beat them on Sunday, are playing very well and I'm predicting they will play the "Cats" (Geelong) in the Grand Final. Can't believe how quickly the football season is passing:(

As for "my" team Richmond, they have improved considerably since last year but doubt if they'll make the final eight this year. What really annoys me is the Richmond hiararchy not selecting Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughead in the draft picks allowing the Hawks to obtain these two excellent forwards.

Cec
Cec

Return to Coffee bar