Cannot install game

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Cannot install game

Postby Shazbot » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:37 am

I have a registered version of Sudoku and HAD been playing fine until our hard drive died. We removed it from our PC but now when I try and reinstall the game I only get the options to repair or remove - when I select either it fails as it can't find the hard drive.

Have removed all references to Sudoku from registry (I think) and it now allows me to install from the beginning, but I get a new error:
Sudoku installation failed: "The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel". Please check your settings and try again.

I have redownloaded the installation program to a new save location and get the same result.
Shazbot

Postby Pappocom » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:00 pm

Please follow these steps:

1. If necessary or if possible, Uninstall the program (using the Uninstall command on your Programs list) or Remove it (using the Add and Remove Software feature in your Control Panel).

2. Wipe your computer clean of most traces of past installations. Please look for this directory on your computer:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\MimarSinan\Installation Information\{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}
Please delete the entire "{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}" directory and all of its contents. You will then have a clean slate.

3. Download a fresh copy of the SudokuSetup file from www.sudoku.com/download.htm . (This is free - what you paid your money for was the Registration Code.)

4. Now install the Sudoku program again, by Run-ning the SudokuSetup file.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Shazbot » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:23 pm

Thanks - I saw the thread with the reference to C:\Program Files\Common Files\MimarSinan\Installation Information\{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA} just after I posted my question, so tried it, and I still get the same result.

I also tried again, following all your instructions above (Uninstall Sudoku won't work as it can't find the f: drive it used to be on, and it's not in the Add/Remove programs list) and got the same message.

Anything else I can try?
Shazbot

Postby Shazbot » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:33 pm

ALL WORKING NOW!

Each time I tried I noticed it created that folder mentioned above, so I thought I'd see what was in it - after drilling down I found the sud.exe application and it SEEMS to run fine. It didn't put it where it was supposed to though, and didn't create a shortcut on the desktop or in the start menu. Do I have all the necessary files if I'm able to run the game, and can I move them where I wanted them to be installed originally?
Shazbot

Return to Forum questions and feedback