Cannot Download Program

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Cannot Download Program

Postby Guest » Sat May 14, 2005 2:16 am

When I try to download I get the following error message:
"Source file not found: C:\Program-1\Common-1\MIMARS-1\Instal-1\
{FB505-1\{C8A52-1\OFFLINE\0\Sud.exe Verify that the file exists and you can access it.

I earlier had an error that Sudoku was unable to install Microsoft XML 4.o Service Pack 2 but I downloasded such software directly form the Microsoft web site.

Please advise

Postby Pappocom » Sat May 14, 2005 8:19 am

Hello, Bucky Brown. Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

The error message probably indicates that your download of the SudokuSetup file from the Download page was not complete. Perhaps there was a transmission glitch, or perhaps your ISP (Internet Service Provider) caps the size of files you can download, or perhaps your file got corrupted somehow.

Anyway, could you check the length of your SudokuSetup file? It should be somewhere in the range 1.96 MB to 2.04 MB (the exact size depends on the date on which you originally downloaded it).

You should try downloading the SudokuSetup file again, but before doing so, you need to wipe your computer clean of all traces of past downloads.

In the Error message, there is a reference to a "{FB505~1" directory. The full name of that directory (on your computer, anyway) is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\MimarSinan\Installation Information\{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}".

Please delete the entire "{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}" directory and all of its contents. You will then have a clean slate. Then you can try downloading the SudokuSetup file again.

Please send me a direct email (using the email button below) to let me know how you get on and/or if there are any problems arising.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback