Can't install service pak2

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Can't install service pak2

Postby Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 4:24 pm

when I try to install the program, it gives me an error installing the service pack.
I have Windows XP
I have gone to the windows site and loaded the pack, but on the download to Sudoku it still wants to load service pack 2 and it is not available.

Any advice on what to do?:?:

Postby Pappocom » Wed May 25, 2005 9:27 pm

First thing to do is find out whether we are talking about the same things.

The expression "Service Pack" is getting to be quite a common Microsoft term. They attach it to any of their products which need updating. The one which people hear most about is the "Windows XP Service Pack 2", and because it's the most common one, it often gets called just "Service Pack 2".

In this case, the Sudoku program doesn't care whether you have "Windows XP Service Pack 2" installed or not. But it does need the Service Pack 2 for the XML package (called, not surprisingly, "Microsoft XML 4.0 Service Pack 2").

So, can you clarify for me, please ... which Service Pack are you missing?

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Guest » Thu May 26, 2005 3:15 am

Microsoft XML 4.0 Service Pack 2

that is the service pack I am trying to install.

can you help?

Postby Pappocom » Thu May 26, 2005 8:08 pm

When you tried to install Microsoft XML 4.0 Service Pack 2, did you follow the process described in Problems when downloading prerequisites ?

If you followed that process and it did not succeed, then I'm sorry to say I am probably unable to help you. The problem is probably related to your particular computer, rather than being a Sudoku-specific problem.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback