Branch suggestion...

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Branch suggestion...

Postby mobamoba » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:05 pm

When a branch gets particularly long, I often forget what I was initially testing in the branch, e.g. was it the 8 in that box or the 1 in the other box? I wish the first number you click in a branch would automatically become some other color (or the box would be highlighted or something) so, at the end of the branch, I could remember where I'd started. thanks!
mobamoba

Re: Branch suggestion...

Postby Cec » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:18 pm

mobamoba wrote:"When a branch gets particularly long, I often forget what I was initially testing in the branch, e.g. was it the 8 in that box or the 1 in the other box?.."

Hi mobamoba,
You refer to a "branch" which is not clear - at least not to me. I'd suggest you click on HERE and familiarize yourself with the desired procedure for submitting posts or puzzles. By submitting a sample puzzle including candidates (also known as pencilmarks) and a clearer explanation of your problem then we may be able to reply to you.

Cec
Cec

Postby mobamoba » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:29 pm

A "branch" is part of the sudoku software game sold on this site in which you click a button - "start branch" - to test out a possible path. Perhaps you don't have a copy of the game.
mobamoba

Postby MCC » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:59 pm

mobamoba wrote:A "branch" is part of the sudoku software game sold on this site in which you click a button - "start branch" - to test out a possible path. Perhaps you don't have a copy of the game.

Although "branching" is part of this sudoku software it not really necessary in solving a pappocom puzzle. The hardest technique used and only then in the very hard puzzles, is a x-wing. Most are solved by singles (naked and hidden), pairs (naked and hidden), triplets (naked and hidden) and locked candidates.

Mobamoba, if you're having trouble with a puzzle, you can post it ( check out the link in Cec'c post before posting) and some one here will help with the next move you could make.

MCC
MCC

Postby mobamoba » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:17 pm

I'm not having trouble with a puzzle! This is the wishlist section. On the 15x15 very hard puzzles, sometimes branches can get very long or, more often, I walk away from the game in the middle of a branch and forget which was the first box I chose to start the branch with. I'm hoping the game developers will add a way to make that first box in a branch a different color so, if I have to walk away from the game for a few hours in the middle of a branch, I could have a color cue to remind me where I started the branch.
mobamoba

Return to Forum questions and feedback