BBcode Sudoku template

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

BBcode Sudoku template

Postby Bud » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:41 pm

How do people post Neat Sudoku examples so quickly. Is there a template available on this site.
Bud

Postby udosuk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:14 pm

http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode

This link is available in your "Post a reply" window, under Options at the bottom left area of your message body typing box.:idea:

If you want a program to generate text format of pencilmark grids, acquire one such as Simple Sudoku.
udosuk

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:04 am

That seems to be nothing more than a general discussion of how to include images in a post. I think Bud was looking for a site, or something, that would provide a quick way of producing a nice-looking Sudoku board simply by typing in the digits.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby udosuk » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:51 am

Smythe Dakota wrote:I think Bud was looking for a site, or something, that would provide a quick way of producing a nice-looking Sudoku board simply by typing in the digits.

Yep, I covered that too in my last paragraph.
udosuk

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:24 pm

I guess Bud was hoping (as was I) that someone knew of some freeware available on a site somewhere, that would allow a URL to be included in a post, with the result that the picture would simply be displayed automatically within the post.

I am a frequent poster to the U.S. Chess forums (http://main.uschess.org/forums/) which also uses phpBB. Somebody over there pointed me to a site which would allow this exact thing, with chess diagrams.

Unfortunately, even if somebody created a similar tool for Sudoku, it probably wouldn't work with phpBB2, the version used here. U.S. Chess converted to phpBB3 a while ago.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Sites such as imageshack and tinypic provide a free hosting service for images.

There are two drawbacks to posting images. First and most important IMO, readers can't cut & paste the puzzle or pencilmarks into their favorite solver. Secondly, if the hosting site is out-of-service, the image is unavailable even though the Players' Forum is operational.
ronk
2012 Supporter

Postby udosuk » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:41 pm

Smythe Dakota wrote:I guess Bud was hoping (as was I) that someone knew of some freeware available on a site somewhere, that would allow a URL to be included in a post, with the result that the picture would simply be displayed automatically within the post.

Just for your info, the software I cited (Simple Sudoku) has the ability to output pic format of a Sudoku puzzle too. Then you can upload it to a free image hosting website as ronk suggested.
udosuk

Return to Forum questions and feedback