Baseball

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Baseball

Postby Chessmaster » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:20 pm

for the baseball fans out there. the exhibition games have started. my team is doing good so far. the Cubs have one 3 and lost 1. and our cross town rivals have not been doing so good.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/foreword.jsp

this link is for rules of baseball for people who do not know about baseball
Chessmaster

Postby Hud » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:56 am

I don't place much importance in preseason games, but do follow them a little. Both the Cubs and White Sox are currently in Arizona for spring training. The Cubs home park is in Mesa right down the street from my son's house. He always complains when the traffic gets tied up when they let out.
I used to be a die hard Oriole fan, but I left Baltimore 41 years ago. Wow, where'd the time go?
I don't expect much out of the D-backs but would like to see them bring along some of their young players.
By the way, I'm a lifelong Yankee hater lol.
Hud

Postby Hud » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:16 pm

This is not completely pertaining to baseball (formerly known as "America's Pastime") but has some similarities.

It has come to my attention that the International Sudoku Federation has begun an investigation into alleged "doping" by a group of Suboku solvers who frequent the message board run by Pappy Comb. The first two subjects of this investigation are reputed to be Carcul of Portugal, and Myth Jellies thought to reside somewhere in the UK. The investigation is also thought to eventually spread to Australia and Norway. Thus far, the US appears to not be involved in this activity.

Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, and Raphael Palmeiro were pioneers into doping to enhance performance, and Balco located in the San Francisco, CA Bay Area is alleged to have provided the cream and clear for them.

Suboku Players have always maintained that the playing field, or in their case, playing grid, is level for all players. Using the doping techniques which were initially formulated to enhance performance levels in sports is also reputed to enhance the Suboku player's ability to create formuli to solve virtually unsolvable Suboku puzzles that ordinary mortals wouldn't even attempt.

I'm expecting further updates on this subject and I'll report them as I receive them.

Hud
Hud

Postby Chessmaster » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:22 pm

this is perfectly related to baseball and it is good that sudoku was involved in this as well.
Chessmaster

Postby udosuk » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:44 pm

Aside from the MLB action... has anybody been following the World Baseball Classic which is about to conclude in a week or so?

Am I the only one here who felt excited about the "Team USA" getting whipped by a bunch of unknowns from Korea?
udosuk

Postby Hud » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:49 pm

I didn't hear about the Korea loss yet. Baseball is such a "pitcher oriented" game that if a team has a very good pitcher or he gets in a "groove" a lesser talented team can beat anyone jmho.
On another note, it seems every time the US puts together a team of "all stars" in any sport, they get trounced. Maybe it wouldn't be so in American Football, but I wouldn't want them to submit to drug testing lol.
Hud

Postby udosuk » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:20 am

The scoreline was Korea 7, USA 3. The Koreans used 6 different pitchers to restrict USA to 9 hits while they themselves had 10 hits, including 2 huge homers. 2 of the USA runs came in the 9th inning when the game was almost decided. Did all these sound like Korea was a "lesser talented" team fluking one out against the mighty US of A?

Note that in the final pool game, if Japan beat Korea 1-0, USA will miss out on the semi-final no matter how much they beat Mexico by (even a scoreline similar to the 17-0 bashing of South Africa won't save them). Let's see what's going to happen...
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:15 am

Turned out the Koreans are good sports. They knocked out the Japs and gave USA a chance if they could beat the Mexicans... Let's see what will happen if USA meet Korea again in the semis...
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:12 am

USA couldn't help itself!
Rocket pitched his last game in career, and they lost 2-1!
With the umpires helping them all along!
(Japanese tagged-up runner wrongly ruled out, Mexican homer wrongly ruled as double...)
Semi-finals: Korea vs Japan, Cuba vs Dominican Republic
Justice was done! Sweet!:)
udosuk

baseball

Postby synthetic_09 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:36 am

who don't know how to play baseball? thats what i would like to know!!!
synthetic_09

Postby Chessmaster » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:34 pm

Y'ud be surpised
Chessmaster

baseball

Postby synthetic_09 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:35 am

i would not believe it

cause i love to play baseball!!!!
synthetic_09

Return to Coffee bar