Altering text size

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Altering text size

Postby Cec » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:17 am

To overcome the problem where the rows of pencilmark grids 'overlap" I found that changing my resolution from 800X600 to 1024X768 produces neat grids with each row correctly occupying only one line.

However, I now have an unsatisfactory smaller text size which won't change even after selecting a larger "Text Size" option from "View" in the top menu bar. To add to this mystery, this "Text Size" option works OK when logged into other sites such as Netbank.

I'm operating WindowsXP Professional 2002 and have a 19" monitor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cec
Cec

Postby Son of Pappocom » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi Cec,

I assume you switched the resolution in Windows' "Display" control panel for use with the Sudoku program, and you're now referring to web sites sometimes having text to small?

Blame the web designers, I'm afraid. If text on a web page is set in pixels (1024x768 means 1024 pixels across by 768 pixels down), Internet Explorer will not let the text scale up for any reason at all. Some sites do this, some sites don't (which is why Netbank works).

The easiest option would be for you to download Firefox, from www.mozilla.com, which will scale text no matter what.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Altering text size

Postby Cec » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:33 am

Thanks Scott, After downloading your above suggested site, I can satisfactorily vary my text size via the "View" option in the top menu bar.

Cec
Cec

Return to Forum questions and feedback