Altering colour in posts

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Altering colour in posts

Postby Cec » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:16 am

I know how to alter font size in the "Message Body" of the "Post a reply" window but can't work out how to change the colour of some candidates when editing a pencilmark grid for posting.

I can recall reading explanations some time ago on changing colour, font size, etc but now I can't find where to access this info in the FAQ section.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cec
Cec

Re: Altering colour in posts

Postby Smythe Dakota » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:13 am

Cec wrote:I know how to alter font size in the "Message Body" of the "Post a reply" window but can't work out how to change the colour of some candidates when editing a pencilmark grid for posting. ....

I just made "colour" red and "editing" blue, above, by highlighting (in the "Post a reply" window) the word to be colored (dragging the mouse across it), then, next to "Font colour" (just below B, i, u at the top) clicking on the down-arrow next to "Default" and choosing the color I wanted.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Re: Altering colour in posts

Postby Cec » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks for your response Bill. As you can see I've had no problem doing the above editing change but I can't get a color change using this technique when I attempt to highlight a candidate in a Pencilmark grid. Here's an example of what happens when I try changing say candidate 6 in column 5 to a red color:

Conventional
Code: Select all
 7     35    345   | 9     46   23    |256   1     8     |

Changing color
Code: Select all
 7     35    345   | 9     4[color=red]6[/color]   23    |256   1     8     |

As you can see, the candidate 6 doesn't change to red when I hit the "Preview" button. Weird Eh?

Cec
Cec

Postby Smythe Dakota » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:10 am

Hmm, you're right. The [color] tag (and presumably bold, italic, etc as well) does not work inside a [code] tag.

Too bad you can't just change the font, without using [code], and use a monospace font such as Courier. Something like [font=Courier]....[/font].

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Al;tering colour in posts

Postby Cec » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks Bill for above comment. I'm sure I've seen candidates posted in a grid in a different colour somewhere but it may have been done by posting as an "image" or "screen shot" which still gives me trouble to do.

Cec
Cec

Postby Luke » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:29 am

[img][/img]
Luke
2015 Supporter

Altering colour in posts

Postby Cec » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Luke451 wrote:[img][/img]

Hi Luke451,
I assume you are trying to help me post images to the forum and if that is the case then I appreciate your consideration.
I have previously downloaded both "Imageshack" and "Photobucket" and another forum member tried to "explain" the procedure to me via a PM but it became too confusing. To avoid me throwing my mouse at the screen:) a friend of my son has offered to drop in and show me how this "simple" task is done.

Again thanks for your thoughts.

Cec
Cec

Return to Forum questions and feedback