Ahhh! System lock-up!

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Ahhh! System lock-up!

Postby karl_w_w » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:41 am

I have a problem!
Sudoku installed fine (I Think), but now when I try and start the program, my computer freezes. There are no error messages, it just stops responding completely.:!:

Specs: Win 98.
64 mb RAM
450 mHz processor
I am totally up-to-date on Windows Update

There are no viruses on my computer, and I tried starting the program after a restart, with absolutely no other programs running, but I still got the same problem. Please help!
karl_w_w

Postby Pappocom » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:52 am

Do you have Internet Explorer 5 or better? That is needed, especially for an old OS like Windows 98.

There are a few known issues. Do you have any of them? :
1. Program does not always work well with multiple-monitor setups.
2. Program does not work well in User accounts (but that is not possible with 98, anyway).
3. Program does not work with Macs running Windows in emulation mode(e.g, Virtual PC).

Perhaps you are low on system resources. Of your 64 mb of RAM, how much is used?

There have been over 100,000 downloads of the Sudoku program to date, and there have been only 2 or 3 reports of anything like this, so as you can see the problem is not common. I have no ready answer for you, I'm afraid.

Please send me an email (using the email button below) about other ways in which I can help you.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby karl_w_w » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:49 am

I have Internet Explorer 6, and none of the other points are issues with me.
If you can't find the solution, don't worry too much. Besides, I might be getting a new PC soon.
karl_w_w

Postby karl_w_w » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:53 am

oh yeah, missed a bit:
when I said no programs were running when I tried, that includes background programs, so about 90% of my RAM would have been free
karl_w_w

Return to Forum questions and feedback