Additional check-off area

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Additional check-off area

Postby simon.ferre » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:25 pm

Hi

Great program!

I created a solving sheet for Sudoku which I use to solve puzzles I find online or on the Teletext service in the UK (Channel 4, page 142).

The sheet I created consists not only of the 9x9 grid, but the numbers 1-9 to the right of each row and below each column, which get crossed off as numbers are entered into the grid.

It would be a really nice feature of the program to include these additional areas which could be toggled on/off depending on the particular user's wishes. Also, the crossing-off of a number in this area could be automatic or manual depending on what the user wants to do.

This has helped me on occasion to solve a very tricky puzzle which otherwise I felt would have proved quite difficult.

Oh, one last wish - a few of the loadable appearance files ask for a font which I do not have installed. Is this possible to include in the download, or provide as a separate download for those of us interested in seeing what difference it makes?

Many thanks.

Simon Ferre
simon.ferre

Postby Pappocom » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Hello Simon.

I'll think about this. The main problem I see is that it would increase the size of the real estate which the program window takes up on your computer screeen. Still, if it's an option...

Anyone else want this? I am getting ready to finalize the list of improvements or features for the next release of Sudoku.

About fonts ... distributing fonts would increase the size of the downloadable and many people may never need or want them. Also, there is the issue of font-makers' IP rights to consider.

- Wayne.
Pappocom

Printing with lines and potentially numbers outside the grid

Postby komodocraig » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:07 pm

I print and then indicate the possible missing values in the horizontal and vertical rows as notations outside the margin of the GRID. I'd love an option to have these printed (small font) as one of the printing options
komodocraig

Return to Forum questions and feedback