A Very Colorful Easy-To-Use Excel-Based Solver

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

A Very Colorful Easy-To-Use Excel-Based Solver

Postby mannyoh » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Come on, guys ... this thing REALLY works!!!

I still hope someone is interested .............
======================================================================

[color=#400080]Hi, again ...
[size=150]
It's been about 10 days since I posted the following -- my first attempt at seeking contacts in this forum ...it seems that over 100 have viewed it and about 10 have downloaded the "model" ...

Much to this old guy's disappointment :-( I have received only 2 responses and NO ONE really has told me what is good or bad or whatever with what I've tried to accomplish, so perhaps I must have not done what is needed to generate interest ??? ...

I really would appreciate from any new or previous posters some comments, critiques, questions, etc ...

Thanks in advance,

Manny

=============================================================

[/size][/color]

Hi, Forum members/readers ...

I'm the 80 year old man who was first [and about only] in contact with the forum in last October ...

As I said then, Several years ago had just learned about Sudoku and shortly started working on "my own" Excel solver ...

For some reason I had stopped, then just last year I started trying again ...

After joining the forum, I was led to several who tried being helpful to this "Old Newbie"l, but in truth they [politely] sort of discouraged me ...

The "non-Excel" techniques I was told about were "well above my pay grade" capabilities, though I tried leaning them ...

I was told by several in the forum that an Excel solution was not too mathematically challenging :-( ...

However, one member was willing to work with me, though his solvers were very technical; his patience helped me enhance my solver -- and my pleasure! ...

Now I've combined my "improved" and VERY GRAPHICAL [AND COLORFUL] Excel model with the techniques I have learned from him ...

It's been great and fun, and NOW I think others might be interested in trying it; I really would appreciate any [constructive] critiques and comments ...

Hopefully, I'll be able to attach the Excel file, and I'm looking forward in advance to thank any/all of you for replying ...

Sincerely,

Manny [mannyoh]
Attachments
A Current Model.xlsm
an excel file with macros
(225.63 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Last edited by mannyoh on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
mannyoh

Re: A Very Colorful Easy-To-Use Excel-Based Solver

Postby eleven » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi mannyoh,

i hate excel, but i like your post.
What excel version does your program need ? The one here (2003) says, the converter cannot open the file.
eleven

Postby mannyoh » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:12 pm

And, thank you for replying...my first! ...

I think you will learn to LIKE Excel ...

Anyhow, for my selfish sake, I hope so ...

And I hope to hear from you again ...

Leunam [Manny}]
mannyoh

Postby tarek » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi mannyoh,

Forgive me for not reviewing your solver YET.

The support for VBA in Excel IIRC in the 2010 version is not FULLY compatible with earlier versions of Excel (Windows or Mac). Your Solver's Reviewers will need to know this!!!!

Tarek
tarek

Postby mannyoh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:31 am

I see many have looked at my posting BUT only 3 have responded...please tell me what I have done wrong that is not interesting Forum readers ?
mannyoh

Postby mannyoh » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:39 am

mannyoh

Postby mannyoh » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:40 am

mannyoh

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques