Yet Another Sudoku

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Yet Another Sudoku

Postby Jonathan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:26 pm

A Call for Contributors

After about six months of development, Yet-Another-Sudoku (YAS), has reached a point where it is becoming useful. It has a minimalist, but feature rich user interface able to generate, load, enter or paste puzzles as well as recognise and solve 55 known Sudoku step patterns. This project was borne out of my wanting to:
* Learn Python
* Learn Window GUI programming
* Gain a better understanding of how to solve Sudoku puzzles

My sights have expanded. I would like to see YAS become a multiplatform tool for in addition to solving puzzles, train people to recognise Sudoku patterns, the logic behind the patterns and how to resolve them.

I am making a call for collaborators and contributors to be part of the team that takes YAS to the next level. You can have a direct influence on YAS's future development. Below are some areas to advance YAS, however going forward, that will be up to us as a team to decide.

Targets
* Linux / Xorg compatibility
* Android / iPhone apps
* Web browser interface

Releases
* Packaging
* Release testing
* Configuration and Release Management

Code Enhancements
* Recognising and solving more Sudoku step patterns
* Speed optimising of solving code, porting to Cython or Numba
* Expertise Level and Puzzle Difficulty refinements
* Many features and functionalities

Documentation
* User Guide
* Reference Manual
* Programmers' Guide
* Product Website

Testing
* Solver regression tests database management
* Test tools enhancement and maintenance

YAS is currently implemented in Python using wxPython on Windows using the PyCharm IDE. Please check the code out of https://github.com/jon-marks/Yet-Another-Sudoku, give it a whirl, and if you want to contribute feel free to get in touch with me by replying to this thread.
Jonathan

Return to Software