www.FranticPuzzles.com

Sudoku puzzles, off-site games and other resources on the Internet

www.FranticPuzzles.com

Postby FranticPuzzles » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:14 am

Introducing Frantic Puzzles.

http://www.franticpuzzles.com

Free daily Sudoku and Hashi puzzles.

Prize games coming soon!

Any feedback (good or bad ;) ) most welcome.
FranticPuzzles

Re: www.FranticPuzzles.com

Postby enxio27 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:32 pm

#1. The red on black is impossible to read.

#2. You will likely find that people use computer solvers to get the "best" times, so the prizes are meaningless.

#3. Your "very hard" puzzles are still quite easy.
enxio27

Postby Smythe Dakota » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:19 am

I didn't notice any "red on black", so that problem must already have been fixed.

Two important changes you should make:

1. Have some way of erasing one of your entries, if it turns out to have been in error. At present the only way to erase your entry is to replace it with another.

2. Allow pencilmarks -- i.e. candidate entries. For example, if you have deduced that a given entry must be either a 4 or a 7, there should be a way to put both a 4 and a 7 in the cell (in smaller print). See http://www.kakuroconquest.com/ for a perfect example of how this can be done.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby enxio27 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Smythe Dakota wrote:I didn't notice any "red on black", so that problem must already have been fixed.

Nope, still there. At the top, just to the right of "Let the fun & games begin. . ."
enxio27

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:01 am

Oh, I see what you mean. I thought you were referring to the 9x9 diagram itself or something.

Yes, that's hard to read, but who cares? You only have to read it once.

The inability to place pencilmarks is far more serious, IMHO.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby enxio27 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 am

Smythe Dakota wrote:Yes, that's hard to read, but who cares? You only have to read it once.

That's if you visit frequently.

The inability to place pencilmarks is far more serious, IMHO.

I can see how that would be serious if you play online, but I don't. I do wish that there were an option to select a previous day's puzzle, or even better, a puzzle archive.
enxio27

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:14 pm

I wrote: .... The inability to place pencilmarks is far more serious, IMHO. ....
In response, enxio27 wrote: .... I can see how that would be serious if you play online, but I don't. ....

Solving on paper is not a good option, either. The puzzle doesn't print well. The grid lines are almost invisible. And it should print about twice as large.

.... I do wish that there were an option to select a previous day's puzzle, or even better, a puzzle archive.

Yes, that would be nice.

The original poster has not posted again. I wonder if he/she/it is a bot.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby enxio27 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:51 am

Smythe Dakota wrote:Solving on paper is not a good option, either. The puzzle doesn't print well. The grid lines are almost invisible. And it should print about twice as large.

I generally don't print directly from a Web site, either. I save it to a file (by various means; using Richard Broughton's Sudoku Grabber, if necessary). Then I use Sudocue to rate the puzzle and Broughton's Sudoku Solver to print it (with or without pencil marks, depending on the rating).

The original poster has not posted again. I wonder if he/she/it is a bot.

Maybe not a bot, but may very well be a hit-and-run poster.
enxio27

Return to On the web