World ever best Sudoku player Vhutshilo Mudau

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

World ever best Sudoku player Vhutshilo Mudau

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:55 am

Does any one know that i am the current world record holder. If you dont agree please notify me with your best time.

Postby george-no1 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:04 pm

This isn't a challenge or anything, but what do you mean by 'best time'?

For instance, if you gave me a Sudoku with 80 clues I'm pretty sure I (or anyone else in the world) could do it pretty quickly. Is there a set puzzle that you did that gave you the World Record?

G:)
george-no1

Postby Karyobin » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:28 pm

Vhutshilo Mudau wrote:Does any one know that i am the current world record holder. If you dont agree please notify me with your best time.

Top stuff - totally meaningless and revealing a complete lack of understanding of the puzzle itself. A statement designed entirely to provoke, you naughty boy!

Tell me - have you ever actually done a sudoku?

By the way, did you know that some anagrams of your name are:

HUH, SODIUM VAULT
I HUSH ADULT OVUM
HO! USUAL HUMID TV

and

I'M A POINTLESS WIND-UP MERCHANT?
Karyobin

Best Time

Postby Jeff » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:45 pm

My best time is 3 second, cos I was given a puzzle with 80 clues.
Jeff

Postby george-no1 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:12 pm

Karyobin wrote:By the way, did you know that some anagrams of your name are:

HUH, SODIUM VAULT
I HUSH ADULT OVUM
HO! USUAL HUMID TV

Wow do you like making (rude) anagrams of people's names too? I basically do that for a living (except I obviously don't sell them, so don't take that comment literally).

george-no1

Postby stuartn » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:24 pm

Vicious but fair. Well done lads

vhutshilo - theres a sudoku forum on Yahoo Groups. Please know your place.
stuartn

Re: Best Time

Postby angusj » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:16 pm

Jeff wrote:My best time is 3 second, cos I was given a puzzle with 80 clues.

Yes, and someone emailed me that exact puzzle.

It had green clover leaves for the 80 givens and the word Irish in the puzzle's caption:!:

ps: If there are any Irish here, my apologies. However, I did really get sent the puzzle.
angusj

Postby george-no1 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:23 pm

Yes, I'm half Irish. But that's not really offensive, so no need to apologise.

george-no1

Postby Karyobin » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:09 pm

I don't actually make anagrams for recreational purposes, but I run a couple of pub quizzes. There's always an 'antigram' round. The thing is, when you've concocted five anagrams per week for over three years, they kind of lose their innate interest. Personally, I find Martin's Anagram Generator to be the most useful. Better than Brendan's, anyway.

And I do get paid, and what's more important, I get free Stella.

{On checking PM's...}

I am referring this message to Karyobin. I think you dont need to be such rude to me because what i was trying to express was the fact that we should do something about .....

you suck!

Charming! But he's right, we should definitely do something about...
Karyobin

Postby Karyobin » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:55 pm

Oh dear. He's very annoyed now. He just sent me the most insulting PM.

I was shocked.

He seems to be extraordinarily upset about anagrams, of all things. Maybe they're a kind of 'forbidden-thing', where he's from. Maybe the Gods of 'letters being in the correct order' become angry. Infuriated, even. He even asked me to go to bed with him, in a manner of speaking.

I'm afraid I can't put any of his last message into the public domain, it's too wude.

Heigh-ho!

(Several hours later)

Oh my God! He's actually searched on Google for me! He thinks he's stalking me or something. Maybe I should tell him that 'Karyobin' isn't my real name? He's spamming me with surreal PM's containing nothing but helpful webpages (and sexual invectives, but the kids at school do much better insults in that vein)! This is fun.

More to come...probably.
Karyobin

Postby george-no1 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:17 pm

Isn't Karyobin some kind of Buddhist dance? Keep his PMs as evidence to show to Wayne, and you can get him excluded.

I'll have no show-off bogus-world-record-holders in my metaphorical house! (I'm not trying to claim ownership of this site, for the record)

george-no1

Postby Pappocom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:13 pm

Go easy on him, Karyobin, not everyone is attuned to your sense of humour.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Karyobin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:23 pm

I thought I was! Just a bit of gentle teasing about the original (and preposterous) claim, followed by a few ickle anagrams. You should see the stuff he's sending, OOoohh! The language'd make a sailor blush.

The last one was almost entirely in Chinese. Help!!

I think he's trying to fill up my intray.

Nothing can go bad in the world when you've got a new car battery and Saint Etienne are on the stereo.
Karyobin

Postby tso » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:40 pm

Vhutshilo -- ha! your sudoku is no match for my "fighting crane" sudoku!

Karyobin -- I think I'm missing something. Your anagrams don't seem rude to me. Does "rude" have different connotations across the pond?
tso

Postby Karyobin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm

Tso! You found our little rumble, welcome indeed!

By the way, his email addy places him in Rhodes Uni., Capetown. So he's not from across a pond, unless you count Lake Tanganyika or something.

I didn't think I was being rude either, but as Wayne points out, maybe it's my rough sense of humour. Abrasive as an elephant's scrotum as the old saying goes. I get the feeling we've heard the last for a while though, just something stuartn said.
Karyobin

Next

Return to Advanced solving techniques