Where is or was the Eureka Forum

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Where is or was the Eureka Forum

Postby RichardGoodrich » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:58 am

I hear about the Eureka Forum but where is it! Is it a thing of the past? I guess if I ever find it I should SHOUT: EUREKA
Big1952
RichardGoodrich

Postby Pat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:43 am

sudoku.org.uk/Forum/Default.aspx
    is down

our Sudopedia mirror still points to
www.sudoku.org.uk/SudokuForum.asp { broken link }

another location may exist
Pat

Re:

Postby RichardGoodrich » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:12 am

Pat wrote:

sudoku.org.uk/Forum/Default.aspx
    is down

our Sudopedia mirror still points to
www.sudoku.org.uk/SudokuForum.asp { broken link }

another location may exist

Thanks!
Big1952
RichardGoodrich

Re: Where is or was the Eureka Forum

Postby fdutra » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi,

New to this site and forum,,, hello all. I followed a link in that referred to the Eureka Forum, which I was checking up on in order to see if it had possibly re-surfaced. I was active on that forum until it went down, and miss the Eureka challenge which was based on weekly postings of forum member's solutions to the Weekly Extreme sudoku puzzle based on Eureka notation and rules. Solving the puzzles in the least amount of steps and/or clever moves often generated lively discussions, praise, and often for myself, informative corrections of any errors in my faulty logic.

The Extreme Weekly puzzles are still being posted at the http://www.sudoku.org.uk/advancepuzzles/default.aspx website, with the solutions being posted the following week, and might lend themselves to rekindling a similar venue if enough members are interested.

Beyond that, I have run into a few of the old members at an Australian Sudoku site which seemed to be degenerating into more of chat room, though that may have changed since I last visited.

Best to All,

Frank
fdutra

Return to General