Welcome to the Sacramento Bee

All about puzzles in newspapers, magazines, and books

Welcome to the Sacramento Bee

Postby Pappocom » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:21 am

Welcome to readers of the Sacramento Bee. From August 15, 2005, you can enjoy what most of Europe has succumbed to already - the Sudoku puzzle. Sudoku puzzles appear in papers in every continent of the world.

Pappocom's Sudoku first appeared in the Conway Daily Sun, New Hampshire in September 2004, and it has appeared in The Times (of London) since November 2004.

Don't be put off by some of the complicated-sounding posts in these forums. In some parts of the world they have gotten quite expert already. If you want help, just send in your question, and you are certain to get a friendly reply.

- Wayne Gould (Pappocom)
Pappocom

Friday's Puzzle

Postby Rickh1 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:33 pm

As you know the Sacramento Bee just started running the puzzle this week and probably introduced alot of new folks to the craze, including myself. Today's puzzle (rated Hard) is an absolute bear for anyone new to the game.
I don't think you can solve it with simple logic deductions that don't include all of the relatively complicated techniques discussed on these boards (i.e. Naked Quads, X Wing, etc).
What do the experts (i.e. readers of this forum) think??? Any help with which techniques might be helpful would be greatly appreciated? Thanks

3**4*****
*2**75**9
****19*4*
*14*2*67*
**7******
*6*58****
8**74**2*
*****6**8
Rickh1

Return to Published puzzles