Welcome to the Globe and Mail

All about puzzles in newspapers, magazines, and books

Welcome to the Globe and Mail

Postby Pappocom » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:56 pm

Readers all across Canada can now find a Sudoku puzzle in a daily paper. Canada's national newspaper brings Sudoku fun to every Canadian.

Pappocom's Sudoku first appeared in the Conway Daily Sun, New Hampshire, USA in September 2004, and it has appeared in The Times (of London) since November 2004.

Don't be put off by some of the complicated-sounding posts in these forums. In some parts of the world they have got quite expert already. If you want help, just send in your question, and you are certain to get a friendly reply.

- Wayne Gould (Pappocom)
Pappocom

Postby scrose » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:26 pm

:)I was waiting for Wayne's announcement so as not to steal his thunder. When I picked the paper up off the porch this morning, there it was in a mass of colour and numbers, top and centre on the front page: "Sudoku starting today". I was wondering to myself, "Are they going to run Pappocom puzzles, or one of those illogical, multi-answer nightmares?" The Globe is promising to give it the prominent position of Page 2, every day.
scrose

Postby Pappocom » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:23 pm

Sorry, scrose, I was a bit slow off the mark!:) Thanks for hanging back.

I am in New Zealand at the moment, and it's a bit hard co-ordinating my sleeping/waking time-zones.

- Wayne
Pappocom

You go Toronto!!

Postby 783658 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Glad to see that the Globe wasn't going to be outdone by the Star:D

Postby sudokuplayer » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:49 pm

Only problem with the Globes puzzle is their choice of font: in poor light, to my poor eyes at least, the 3 and the 5 are easily mistaken for each other. Anyone else notice?
sudokuplayer

Postby dmunro » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:09 pm

The Victoria, BC "Times Colonist" had a special section about Sudoku on the weekend. I don't know if it is going to a regular feature or not. There wasn't one in today's paper.

Don
dmunro

Return to Published puzzles