Welcome to the Chicago Sun-Times

All about puzzles in newspapers, magazines, and books

Welcome to the Chicago Sun-Times

Postby Pappocom » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:11 am

Welcome to readers of the Chicago Sun-Times. As many of you have discovered already, there's something new in the world and it's in the Sun-Times. Enjoy Sudoku!

Pappocom's Sudoku first appeared in the Conway Daily Sun, New Hampshire in September 2004, and it has appeared in The Times (of London) since November 2004.

Don't be put off by some of the complicated-sounding posts in these forums. In some parts of the world they have gotten quite expert already. If you want help, just send in your question, and you are certain to get a friendly reply.

- Wayne Gould (Pappocom)
Pappocom

Greetings!

Postby The Central Scrutinizer » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:39 pm

Hi everyone. I’m one of the new masochists who’s been enjoying the addition of Sudoku to the Chicago Sun-Times. I say ‘enjoying’ because I haven’t seen a Saturday puzzle yet. Just like the Crosswords, they are getting progressively harder as the week goes on.

I spent a lot of time on Monday’s puzzle, just because I had never done this type of puzzle and I wasn’t quite sure how to approach the logic. I got through that one, but ended up Xeroxing the paper because I had erased so much & there were a lot of smudges. They still promise an ‘easy’ puzzle tomorrow but a ‘medium’ one is coming Friday and a ‘hard’ one Saturday. I’m alternating between looking forward to and dreading that one.

I’m also a Patternless Crossword freak. Half the fun of the Patternless to me is making as much of the grid as I can with the fewest words.

Glad to know I’m not alone!
The Central Scrutinizer

Postby lobby__boy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:43 pm

scrutinizer...i don't know if you've noticed (i'm from mchenry, northwest a bit, between chicago and rockford), but border's now has at least 5 sudoku books that i've seen.
lobby__boy

Postby The Central Scrutinizer » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:29 pm

Thanks lobby boy. I'm still very new to this Sudoku craze, so I've been feeding my fix on puzzles from the 'net & the Sun-Times. I appreciate the heads up!
The Central Scrutinizer

Return to Published puzzles