Welcome to Hong Kong's Apple Daily

All about puzzles in newspapers, magazines, and books

Welcome to Hong Kong's Apple Daily

Postby Pappocom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:47 am

Welcome to readers of Apple Daily, the first Chinese-language paper to carry Sudoku in my hometown of Hong Kong. May you find it as puzzling as the rest of the world does.

Pappocom's Sudoku first appeared in the Conway Daily Sun, New Hampshire, USA in September 2004, and it has appeared in The Times (of London) since November 2004.

Don't be put off by some of the complicated-sounding posts in these forums. In some parts of the world they have got quite expert already. If you want help, just send in your question, and you are certain to get a friendly reply.

- Wayne Gould (Pappocom)
Pappocom

Postby purfie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:10 am

Well, I think Apple daily is not the first Chinese newspaper to carry Sudoku in Hong Kong.THe free newspaper AM730 carries it earlier than Apple daily does. (of course. Apple daily is the first Chinese newspaper to carry Pappocom Sudoku in Hong Kong)
purfie

Postby Pappocom » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:36 pm

Sorry, I was unaware of AM730's involvement. Being aware of the famed Hong Kong business expertise, I suppose I assumed that they would have sought out the good, free puzzles, instead of paying for puzzles of uncertain pedigree.:)

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Published puzzles