Visit my site (a new sudoku for a week 10/2006)

Sudoku puzzles, off-site games and other resources on the Internet

Visit my site (a new sudoku for a week 10/2006)

Postby Cristian2006 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:51 am

Hi, my name is Cristian from Finland and you can check, print and solve my sudokus from now on on my website.
I have not made an english index page yet, so here are two sudokus I have designed so far:

[ broken links -- site no longer exists ]

WEEK 10:
http://cristianium.biz.tc/sudoku1006_en.html

WEEK 09:
http://cristianium.biz.tc/sudoku0906_en.html

I'd like to have feedback.:)

I have for months tried to design my leveling system and I think it's pretty right.
I have 7 different levels (from 0 to 5), but I use to give a very detailed decimal number for my level using special counting system. So, the newest puzzle isn't as hard as the first one (from week 9) althou it is hard for an average solver. The first one requires more than once using more advanced technics.
Last edited by Cristian2006 on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cristian2006

New sudokus

Postby Avocetz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:03 pm

Hi Cristian

Your first puzzle is certainly a challenge. Pappocom's programme verified it as very hard and it contained some advanced solving techniques.

There are lots of sites out there producing thousands of puzzles, I'm not sure if you generating one per week will be enough to keep people coming back!

If you do decide to carry on with just one new puzzle a week, I would suggest that you stick to hard or very hard gradings. I for one no longer bother to download anything less than a medium grade.

Good luck

Chris
Avocetz

Re: New sudokus

Postby Cristian2006 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:41 am

Avocetz wrote:Hi Cristian

Your first puzzle is certainly a challenge. Pappocom's programme verified it as very hard and it contained some advanced solving techniques.

There are lots of sites out there producing thousands of puzzles, I'm not sure if you generating one per week will be enough to keep people coming back!

If you do decide to carry on with just one new puzzle a week, I would suggest that you stick to hard or very hard gradings. I for one no longer bother to download anything less than a medium grade.

Good luck

Chris

Thanks.:D It looks like my rating system is right then. I will continue to have those very detailed ratings because IMO there could be difference even inside one category.:)

I have plans to release three different grades at the same time every week. Because easier puzzles are easier to make.

Maybe I will release even two sets later (that would be 3 puzzles twice a week and imo maximum) but I just started and today just have no time to produce those puzzles more. My sudoku page is also just one small section on my homesite, maybe when I have much more puzzles I will make a site completely dedicated to sudokus.

I just like to stick to the quality more than the amount...
Cristian2006

Postby Cristian2006 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:21 am

Avocetz wrote:Hi Cristian

Good luck

Chris

So did you solve it and if so how long did it take?

Even if you solved it, try to solve it WITHOUT these technics:

HIDDEN SINGLES (also called pinned cells)
NAKED SUBSETS
ANYTHING THAT'S NORMALLY UNDERSTOOD MORE ADVANCED THAN X-WINGS (more advanced than X-Wing, Swordfish, Jellyfish, Squirmbag...)

Can you?

:)
Cristian2006

Postby vidarino » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:31 am

Cristian2006 wrote:Even if you solved it, try to solve it WITHOUT these technics:

NAKED SUBSETS
ANYTHING THAT'S NORMALLY UNDERSTOOD MORE ADVANCED THAN X-WINGS (more advanced than X-Wing, Swordfish, Jellyfish, Squirmbag...)

Eh, the candidate list for your current puzzle contains *no* naked singles, so without hidden singles there is simply nothing more to do with the puzzle.:)

While trying to solve puzzles under special conditions can be interesting, I largely prefer to be able to use the full arsenal of techniques. (Heck, I use them unconsciously a lot of the time anyway.)

Nice puzzle, by the way.:)

Vidar
vidarino

Postby Cristian2006 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:43 pm

vidarino wrote:
Cristian2006 wrote:Even if you solved it, try to solve it WITHOUT these technics:

NAKED SUBSETS

Eh, the candidate list for your current puzzle contains *no* naked singles, so without hidden singles there is simply nothing more to do with the puzzle.:)

While trying to solve puzzles under special conditions can be interesting, I largely prefer to be able to use the full arsenal of techniques. (Heck, I use them unconsciously a lot of the time anyway.)

Nice puzzle, by the way.:)

Vidar

Thanks.:) I know excluding some technics (about available ones when you are solving) isn't actually original sudoku, but it surely is interesting and I've started to do that myself. And I really think that puzzle I made is possible to solve without hidden singles. It doesn't mean if there is hidden singles you have to use them. Naked singles are the same thing that "forced digits".

Talking about the candidate list you mean the candidate list in the beginning? Well, you can even start the puzzle with X-Wing or with Hidden Pair. And there are also Intersection technics you can use, aren't there?

I think you can't solve that puzzle without X-Wings?
Cristian2006

Return to On the web