Vanhegan Puzzles?

Sudoku puzzles, off-site games and other resources on the Internet

Vanhegan Puzzles?

Postby enxio27 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:48 am

Do any of you have puzzles dated after 16 June 2009 from the late Gaby Vanhegan's site (playr.co.uk)? (For those who aren't aware, Gaby passed away in 2011 at age 32 after a bout of cancer. :cry: ) His site is still up, but the sudoku page is blank. I was collecting the puzzles, but got busy for a while and didn't get back to it until after the page went blank.
enxio27

Re: Vanhegan Puzzles?

Postby Leren » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:09 am

Just type Vanhegan into the search box in the top right of the screen and you'll bring up a whole truckload of references (90 pages worth).

The most recent Vanhegan puzzle dated December 13 2013 can be found here.

PS I've just had an epiphany. If you go to Advanced search and type Vanhegan into the keyword box and ArkieTech into the author box, you'll reduce the amount of irrelevant discussion stuff that comes up (only 19 pages with this improvement).

Leren
Leren

Postby enxio27 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:29 am

Leren wrote:Just type Vanhegan into the search box in the top right of the screen and you'll bring up a whole truckload of references (90 pages worth).

Oh, sweet! Thanks!
enxio27

Postby Leren » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:39 am

You can also ignore the posts that begin with Re: which just will be replies to an already posted puzzle. There may be an automatic way of doing this in advanced search, but I'm not sufficiently up on that topic.

Perhaps Jason can help you further.

Leren
Leren

Postby enxio27 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:45 am

Leren wrote:You can also ignore the posts that begin with Re: which just will be replies to an already posted puzzle. There may be an automatic way of doing this in advanced search, but I'm not sufficiently up on that topic.

Actually, I found another way. The puzzle itself is posted with the comment, "Play/Print this puzzle online". I did a search on "Vanhegan print online" and author=ArchieTech and reduced the search to 11 pages. Each hit in that search had a puzzle definition.

Unfortunately, as I collected the puzzles posted by ArkieTech, I realized that not all of the puzzles are included. ArkieTech selected only one of the six puzzles for the day (usually the extreme or the fiendish), and many days he didn't post a puzzle at all. In addition, I still have a gap from 16 June 2009 to 26 October 2012. Still, this gives me 156 puzzles I didn't have before.

I'm hoping that ArkieTech will chime in here and let me know whether or not he has additional Vanhegan puzzles stored somewhere.
enxio27

Postby Leren » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:05 am

I just googled "vanhegan puzzle sudoku" and came up with 2 more puzzles here and here.

Leren
Leren

Return to On the web