Trial version versus Actual Version

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Trial version versus Actual Version

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:32 pm

I'm pretty sure that I know the answer to this but I was wondering if anybody else had noticed.

Are the Hard puzzles in the Trial version of Pappocom's program easier than the Hard puzzles in the actual version?

I printed out a few of the Hard puzzles from the Trial version in 2004 and am only now getting around to doing them and seem to be getting through them like a hot knife through butter. Thinking that this is unusual, I tried the Hard puzzles from the Actual version of the program and, at first, met some restistance but now I seem to be getting through those in the space of fifteen minutes - well today's anyway. Either I have improved beyond measure (I initially took 3 days, then got it down to 35 minutes) or the Trial versions are not that hard and today's Actual version wasn't that hard either.

Anybody know for sure?

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby tarek » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:52 pm

hi Luna,

I can't comment on this because I haven't got the software nor the puzzles you describe.

tarek
tarek

Postby emm » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:24 am

I'll go with the answer that will win me some points:D

PS : I'm also sure it's true.
emm

Postby ab » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:01 pm

hopefully I won't get banned from this forum by suggesting you try some other sofware if you've outgrown pappocoms!
ab

Postby ravel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:50 pm

ab wrote:hopefully I won't get banned from this forum by suggesting you try some other sofware if you've outgrown pappocoms!
I dont have it, but they have the best forum:D
ravel

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:57 am

As it turns out I'm not as good as I thought I was:D

Yesterday's puzzle took two attempts and 50 minutes to complete the second time around.

So it would seem that the Trial version Hard puzzles are easier than the Actual version's and it's going to take me some time to get all the way up to Very Hard on the Actual version.

Bubble burst !

Ab wrote:hopefully I won't get banned from this forum by suggesting you try some other sofware if you've outgrown pappocoms!

Good suggestion, and I have looked at other software, but never been tempted by it - I think it's OK to mention rival software and not get banned.

Never mind, at least it didn't take me three days, so that is an improvement (thanks Emm, for the vote of confidence!) .

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby udosuk » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:16 am

ravel wrote:I dont have it, but they have the best forum:D

Correction - the best forum members (well the majority anyway)...

If the adminstrators would kindly add to their collection of a grand total of 6 available emoticons I would gladly take back my words and proclaim it "the best forum"...:D
udosuk

Return to General