This is a new magazine of mixed puzzles. Issue 1 offers:

Hitori
Hashi (Bridges)
Nurikabe
Slitherlink
Maysu
Battleships
Hanjie
Standard Sudoku/6x6/16x16/Sudoku X (diagonals)
Killers/Killer X
Samurai (two grids).

Published by Future Publishing Limited.

:)
Lindy

Postby Lindy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:27 pm

Oops!

I left out Kakuro from the list!
Lindy

Postby MCC » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:14 pm

Lindy you could have used the edit button to correct your error:D
MCC

Re: Total Konzai

Postby garethm » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:38 pm

Lindy wrote:This is a new magazine of mixed puzzles.

Hi, just spotted this post. I write all the puzzles for Total Konzai, so if you have any comments on them (too easy, too hard, too small, too big etc etc) please let me know so I can make them as good as possible. I think it's great to have such a wide mix of different puzzle types all in one place! In fact I think it's the widest selection of number logic puzzles available in one magazine in the UK - not sure about elsewhere (e.g. Japan!), though!?

I'm planning to have larger hitori puzzles in issue 3 (issue 2 is already done and is due out 6th April) - issue 2 already has slightly larger slitherlink, masyu and nurikabe puzzles, although I personally find that larger slitherlink puzzles are less fun than smaller ones!

Gareth
garethm

Postby moggymidge » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:39 pm

This magazine sounds FAB!!! but where can I get it from - I haven't seen it WHS - is there a web-site - can you subcribe??

Moggy
moggymidge

Postby garethm » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:54 pm

moggymidge wrote:This magazine sounds FAB!!! but where can I get it from - I haven't seen it WHS - is there a web-site - can you subcribe??

Issue 1 isn't in WHS - I don't know if future issues will be. (On the other hand Total Kakuro, another magazine I write, IS in WHS:) ). So far as I know it's mainly on sale in independent newsagents and smaller shops - they had it in the Londis round the corner from here.

You can subscribe - in theory it should be linked from the front page of Future Publishing's www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk but they don't seem to update that site very promptly. Anyway, the direct link given in the magazine (that seems to work) is:

www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/tkz/p001

It's 3 pounds for the first 3 issues, then 19.60/year after that (13 issues). You can also call 0870 837 4722 in the UK according to the back of the magazine.

Gareth
garethm

Postby aeeiln » Thu May 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Just learned about Total Konzai from a Google search & immediately subscribed. Are there any plans to include other Japanese puzzles from Nikoli's Puzzle Box series like (pardon strange Google translation) Glowfly Beam, Bag, or Jeer Phosphorus? (They are numbers 26, 30 & 28 at the Japanese Nikoli website).

Sudoku is great, but I love the variety of these other Japanese puzzles. They sometimes seem hard to figure out how to do, but once you get it they are very addictive.
aeeiln

Return to Other logic puzzles