Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

to Print a SuDoku puzzle

Postby Yogi » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:42 pm

{ note by Moderator --
        this was originally posted with title "Grid Program";
        based on subsequent discussion,
        i've changed it to:
        "to Print a SuDoku puzzle" }
Is there a program we can use or download that will produce a Grid from a given Code?
Yogi
2017 Supporter

Re: Grid Program

Postby JasonLion » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:57 am

Could you explain what you mean in a little more detail?
JasonLion
2017 Supporter

Postby enxio27 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:43 am

Are you wanting something that will print/display a puzzle using a standard 81-character puzzle code? If so, most of the current major Sudoku software will do that. Enjoy Sudoku (from our host), Richard Broughton's Sudoku Solver, and Sadman Sudoku will all do that.
enxio27

Coding Program

Postby Yogi » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:06 am

Is there a program we can use or download that will produce a Grid from a given Code?
Yogi
2017 Supporter

Re: Coding Program

Postby enxio27 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Yogi wrote:Is there a program we can use or download that will produce a Grid from a given Code?

You already asked that. What exactly are you wanting? What kind of grid? What kind of code? Did the information I posted not answer your question?
enxio27

Postby Yogi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:58 am

Sorry guys, I did not realise that I was posting in the wrong place so I did not see your replies.
Basically, I find it somewhat tedious to hand-enter a code into a grid so I can do a puzzle of my choosing. I was looking for a program that would produce grids that could be printed off and played with a pen later - away from a computer. I liked the one that looks like a plain wooden board - no R2, C3 etc. The fact is I'd most like something that could convert the codes of games I select to look like the puzzles published in newspapers or magazines: plain text in a decent sized font, black and white. But we can't have everything! I'll take what I can get.
Yogi
2017 Supporter

Postby JasonLion » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:50 am

The Draw/Play feature at Daily Sudoku has a decent print function.
JasonLion
2017 Supporter

Postby enxio27 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Yogi wrote:The fact is I'd most like something that could convert the codes of games I select to look like the puzzles published in newspapers or magazines: plain text in a decent sized font, black and white.

The three programs I mentioned above will do what you are asking. I see that you're already familiar with Richard Broughton's program. You can cut and paste a puzzle code into it and print it out for paper solving, with or without pencil marks (your option).
enxio27

Re: to Print a SuDoku puzzle

Postby docjohn » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:33 am

Yogi wrote:
        { note by Moderator --
        this was originally posted with title "Grid Program";
        based on subsequent discussion,
        i've changed it to:
        "to Print a SuDoku puzzle" }

My program Jet Sudoku can import puzzles in many different formats including 81 character strings. It can then print them out if various sizes, full page if you like. Just paste it to the main screen with Ctrl+V. You can also import from text files.
It saves the imported puzzle to a database and checks its validity and difficulty.

You're welcome to try it (and its free) at http://www.manifestmaster.com/jetsudoku/

Hope this helps

John
docjohn

Return to Software