times puzzle on Thursday 21st

All about puzzles in newspapers, magazines, and books

times puzzle on Thursday 21st

Postby kleinman » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:04 pm

I always seem to have trouble solving Thursdays sudoku puzzles. They are rated fiendish and so are Fridays but I seem to be able to solve Fridays.
Are they usually harder than Fridays?:(
kleinman

Postby Animator » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:38 pm

trouble as in: you fail to solve them? or you succeed in solving them but it takes you much longer?

If it is the first then I suggest you post what you have...
Animator

Times April 21.SuDoKu No 124

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:38 am

I like to say that I think this puzzle, No 124 was miscategorized.

Normally I only get the Times once a week when it has a fiendish puzzle to solve,but I found that I spent longer putting in pencil marks than doing the puzzle.

I would rate this puzzle easy to very easy.
What do people think?

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:04 pm

I haven['t had a problem with any of the recent fiendish puzzles recently. However, I made a complete hash of today's mild one, and often make a mess of the easy ones as well. Annoying, to say the least.

Re: times puzzle on Thursday 21st

Postby possum » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:11 pm

kleinman wrote:I always seem to have trouble solving Thursdays sudoku puzzles. They are rated fiendish and so are Fridays but I seem to be able to solve Fridays.
Are they usually harder than Fridays?:(

I haven't noticed a difference in standard of difficulty between Thursday's and Friday's su dokus. Maybe you feel better on Fridays?:D
possum

times puzzle #124

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:33 pm

In answer to all who replied to my message.

1. I probably could have solved it if I had gone on long enough but I gave up in the end after having put in more pencil marks in than you can imagine and after having had 2 goes ( using logic - not guesses). I find that I cannot work on fiendish puzzles casually. Full focus from beginning to end is essential.
2.Perhaps I get so upset that I have not solved the thursday one that I work harder on fridays!!
3. And no, I did not think #124 easy:)

kleinman

Postby kleinman » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:36 pm

Sorry I am kleinman. I did not log in before replying:(
kleinman

Times 124

Postby sjbuchanan » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:18 pm

Hi, I too am stuck on No. 124 from the Times, I have entered all of the numbers I have into an SUD file, I would be willing to send this to anyone, just add me to your IM program, I generally enter the puzzles from Wed - Fri into the computer program as I find the printouts easier to work with, rather than the newspaper. If anyone would like any as I add them just contact me
sjbuchanan

Postby Animator » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:22 pm

Personally I find this a bad idea...

You post your question at a public forum, but do not want that the public helps you, or that the answer is given to the public...

You want personal help from an individual who can care enough to add you to his(/her) IM program. Getting help from a community seems (to me atleast) more helpful and worthwhile, but who am I?
Animator

Postby Tsunami » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:44 pm

I find Saturday's 'mild' puzzle often more difficult than the 'fiendish' ones during the week...
Tsunami

Return to Published puzzles