this is my technique

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

this is my technique

Postby hello12345 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:22 pm

i'll fill them all in until there are no more obvious possibilities. then out of all the ones that are left with two possibilities, i will consider the number that there are least of in the whole grid. then i'll try that one and see how much impact it has on the rest of the table - e.g. how many extra new possibilities there are etc - then i will try the one which has the maximum impact on the rest of the table. it is pretty crude, but i haven't really thought about it much. in fact i have written an excel program for my dad which demonstrates this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5994788241&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:UK:1

if anyone is interested in it. it is really an under-construction tool to help explore your advanced strategies to find the most efficient methods of solving them.
hello12345

Postby Karyobin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:13 pm

Fantastic!! One post and it's an attempt to SELL a solving tool! You have to admire the neck, if nothing else.
Karyobin

Postby stuartn » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:48 pm

Hello 'hello 12345' (if indeed that's your name). Probably best not to try to flog your stuff through this site - it's really aimed at those seeking or providing intellectual betterment, rather than those aiming to make a fast buck. And most of the really GOOD helpers and solvers are freely available anyway - have a trawl through this site and you'll find them - AngusJ's, Simes, stuartn's Excel one (free) and many others.

Try the Yahoo Sudoku forum - perhaps they'll advertise your wares.

Hope this was helpful.

stuartn
stuartn

Postby Jeff » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:51 pm

Hello12345, You must be joking!
Jeff

Return to Software