The Big Sudoku

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

The Big Sudoku

Postby deshuth » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:35 am

I have just published a new Android Sudoku app. I love sudoku and still find the best way to do them is with a pen and paper, but I have always had apps on all my phones and tablets so that I always have a puzzle to hand. The problem with most apps is that they offer help like number highlighting so that you can either solve a puzzle in three minutes or they require such advanced solving techniques that they are almost impossible and you end up taking hints and cheating.

The solution I decided upon is just to concentrate on the bigger puzzles, so my app creates Samurai and Super Sudokus, they do not require any advanced solving techniques but will still take 15 - 30 minutes to solve, and there is no hints if you get stuck!

I would love to know what you think of the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.perfecthomecomputers.thebigsudoku

Samurai and 16 x 16 'Super' Sudokus. For those that want a puzzle that lasts more than a few minutes.
The puzzles come in three levels of difficulty, none of them are trivial or easy. These are puzzles that will take a bit of time to solve. And if you complete one you will have solved it. There are no cheats or hints to allow you to carry on if you get stuck.

There are aids to help with some of the legwork though, the puzzles will auto fill and update pencil marks showing all of the possible numbers available in each square and you can highlight all squares that can hold a possible number allowing patterns to be seen. But, there is nothing in the puzzle to shortcut the mental process required to complete it.

Also for traditionalists or the masochistic you can email a puzzle to your computer to be printed out and solved the hard way with no highlighting assistance using a pen and paper.

Because of the size of the puzzles this app will work best on a tablet or large screen phone. However, the grid can be zoomed so play on almost any device should be possible with a pit of patience.

Many thanks

Des
Last edited by deshuth on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deshuth

Re: The Big Sudoku

Postby JasonLion » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Your URL doesn't work. To get it to work you need to enclose it in URL tags, for example:
Code: Select all
[url]http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/[/url]

{UPDATE} Thanks for fixing the link! {/UPDATE}
JasonLion
2017 Supporter

Return to Software