Thanks Dan

Post puzzles for others to solve here.

Thanks Dan

Postby Leren » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:31 pm

As Dan seems to have gone into the background in publishing daily puzzles, perhaps it's time to thank him for his efforts over the years.

AFAIK he published a puzzle on October 21 2012, which you can see here and subsequently published one every day until recently.

This series and the patterns game have kept the forum active over the last 5 years, as new solving methods have dried up and, I strongly suspect, will never be found. If they were there to be found, they would have been found by now.

Anyway, thanks Dan for a fantastic effort over the last 5 years.

Leren
Last edited by Leren on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leren

Re: Thanks Dan

Postby ArkieTech » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks Leren. :D I will be back if needed. I have learned much, specially the last few days solving rather than generating.
dan
ArkieTech

Postby 200e200w » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi, Dan!
I will post for you (and others, of course) even more puzzles! Currently, I have 31 unposted Nightmares and 6 unposted One-Trick Ponies in my database.
However, I do not guarantee that I'll post both puzzles 365 days in a year. First, my database of One-Trick Ponies is low, because I think the Nightmares are more important, and One-Trick Ponies are only the potential Nightmares that have many one-step solutions as of Hodoku. Second, sometimes I'll be away without access to the Internet, so I won't be posting puzzles in this time. I'll inform others when I'll be away (currently I do not plan to be away).

200e200w
200e200w

Postby Marty R. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Anyway, thanks Dan for a fantastic effort over the last 5 years.

I can thank him for 5+ years, as he was publishing on the Daily site before here.
Marty R.

Postby SteveG48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 pm

Add my thanks, Dan.
Steve
SteveG48
2019 Supporter

Postby Cenoman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 pm

Not such a long time on this forum as other players, but enough to appreciate. Thanks a lot, Dan !

Cenoman
Cenoman
Cenoman

Postby enxio27 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 am

I, too, add my thanks, although most of Dan's puzzles are beyond my skill level.
enxio27

Postby pjb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:45 am

Let me add my sincere thanks. My transition to full retirement over the last few years was greatly helped by having the challenge provided each morning by Dan. The puzzles were of excellent quality, and I was frequently intrigued by the multiplicity of approaches that our group came up with. Thanks again, Dan

Phil
pjb
2014 Supporter

Postby SpAce » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:35 am

I want to extend my thanks also, even though I haven't really participated in this forum. My solving style and skills don't support one-stepper hunting at this point, but seeing others' imaginative and highly varying solutions has been extremely instructive.
-SpAce-: Show
Code: Select all
        *        |=()=|    /  _  \    |=()=|               *
            *    |    |   |-=( )=-|   |    |      *
     *                     \  ¯  /                   *   

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi."
SpAce

Postby rjamil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Dan,

I would also like to thanks for maintaining such a nice 5+ years puzzle thread with simplicity and style. I have recently started participating in this puzzle section but now it seems that I will not be able to continue any more due recently changes in rules that I unable to follow/understand and miss a lot of learning material too.

It seems that the puzzle trend setting has been used to every member of this forum, new comers as well as experts. But now, it is very difficult for new comers to follow hard and fast rules.

I, once again, wish you for your valuable contributions towards all of us.

R. Jamil
rjamil

Postby enxio27 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:25 am

rjamil wrote:it seems that I will not be able to continue any more due recently changes in rules that I unable to follow/understand and miss a lot of learning material too

I am posting a follow-up thread here: post263543.html
enxio27

Return to Puzzles