SuDuKu-Cracker v.6.10

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

SuDuKu-Cracker v.6.10

Postby a r n e » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:42 pm

Hi.

Here is another solver-program http://www.ksaw.no/sudoku/
The SuDuKu-Cracker is a Freeware and available in English, German and Norwegian.

arne.

---

Remarks.
New Version and new site:
http://www.the24net.com/sudoku/
See also new topic:
http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?t=5837
---
Last edited by a r n e on Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
a r n e

Postby wapati » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:42 pm

Well, it is not usefull.

I "registered" and got no response in 24 hours.

As the program is, it "generates" puzzles that are almost symetric.

The hardest level does show a puzzle that is not normaly human/paper solvable. Any lower setting may deliver a very easy puzzle.

There is no cut/paste to extract puzzles, worse, there is none to inject a puzzle to test.

I suspect that this is not a solver and not a generator. It may be, how can you tell?

The save files are cryptic and use the extension that Soduko Cue uses.

There are issues here that make this hard to use and/or test.
wapati
2010 Supporter

Postby a r n e » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:18 pm

wapati wrote:I "registered" and got no response in 24 hours.

Normally, when you register, it only takes a few seconds before you get an email with your key, unless your firewall / antispam stops it or your email-address is uncorrect.

wapati wrote:As the program is, it "generates" puzzles that are almost symetric.

All levels, except "Expert" are symmetric.

wapati wrote:The hardest level does show a puzzle that is not normaly human/paper solvable. Any lower setting may deliver a very easy puzzle.

That’s why it’s called "Expert".

wapati wrote:There is no cut/paste to extract puzzles, worse, there is none to inject a puzzle to test.

That’s right, but you can copy the puzzle to clipboard with <Ctrl> + <C>.
To solve an existing puzzle (e.g. from a newspaper), select "New" - "Empty" and enter the numbers.

wapati wrote:I suspect that this is not a solver and not a generator. It may be, how can you tell?

Your the first one to say.

wapati wrote:The save files are cryptic and use the extension that Soduko Cue uses.

I suppose you mean the saved file-format. It contain not only entered numbers, but also color settings (marked fields) and strikeouts.

wapati wrote:There are issues here that make this hard to use and/or test.

Which one?

arne
a r n e

Postby wapati » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:44 pm

a r n e wrote:
wapati wrote:I "registered" and got no response in 24 hours.

Normally, when you register, it only takes a few seconds before you get an email with your key, unless your firewall / antispam stops it or your email-address is uncorrect..

Thanks for the reply, Arne.
The address was a correct current webmail address. I tried it twice.
wapati wrote:As the program is, it "generates" puzzles that are almost symetric.

All levels, except "Expert" are symmetric.

OK, but not great. Many people (and myself) don't want puzzles with no symmetry.

wapati wrote:The hardest level does show a puzzle that is not normaly human/paper solvable. Any lower setting may deliver a very easy puzzle.

That’s why it’s called "Expert".

Well, my point was any choice below expert may return a very easy puzzle. The next lowest setting should return a puzzle that is not simple, in my opinion.
wapati wrote:There is no cut/paste to extract puzzles, worse, there is none to inject a puzzle to test.

That’s right, but you can copy the puzzle to clipboard with <Ctrl> + <C>.
To solve an existing puzzle (e.g. from a newspaper), select "New" - "Empty" and enter the numbers.

Sorry, too tedious. Thanks for the ctrl-C tip, I'll try that!

wapati wrote:I suspect that this is not a solver and not a generator. It may be, how can you tell?

Your the first one to say.

I will input one puzzle and see if it is a solver. I have downloaded, elsewhere, a "generator" that merely recycled the same 100 or two puzzles, and given that your hard ones are non symmetric I have to wonder.

Edited: I input a puzzle and it was solved reasonably, it is at least a solver.

wapati wrote:The save files are cryptic and use the extension that Soduko Cue uses.

I suppose you mean the saved file-format. It contain not only entered numbers, but also color settings (marked fields) and strikeouts.

Using that same extension is not the best idea.
You could have the numerics seperate from the other info so people could cut/paste the saved puzzles.

wapati wrote:There are issues here that make this hard to use and/or test.

Which one?

Filename extension, no cut/paste, saved file format.

I am glad you replied here, your project may be quite good, it deserves more testing.

Edited:
It is not too hard to enter a puzzle by hand.
This is a solver, as far as I can judge, and a good explainer for what it knows.
Last edited by wapati on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
wapati
2010 Supporter

Postby a r n e » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:08 am

Thanks for the reply, wapati.

wapati wrote:Many people (and myself) don't want puzzles with no symmetry.

I'll think of it, and see what I can do.

wapati wrote:I have downloaded, elsewhere, a "generator" that merely recycled the same 100 or two puzzles,

1. I make the "result" grid (starting with random: 1-362880)
2. Hide out random-field (1-81)
3. Test if it's only one solution

Using that same extension is not the best idea.
You could have the numerics seperate from the other info so people could cut/paste the saved puzzles.
Filename extension, no cut/paste, saved file format, ...

Latest version:
You cannot cut/paste but copy/paste
Copy: <Ctrl>+<C>
Paste: <Ctrl>+<V>

Supported file-extension:
*.txt (in/out) text-file
*.rtf (only out) Rich-Text-Format
* htm / *.html (only out)

arne
a r n e

Postby wapati » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:16 am

I just had it fail to run. It claimed that it was not installed.

It was willing to go to the Internet and say I had the newest version, yet it was not installed?

There may be a bug or three?
wapati
2010 Supporter

Postby a r n e » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi.
wapati wrote:I just had it fail to run. It claimed that it was not installed.

It was willing to go to the Internet and say I had the newest version, yet it was not installed?

There may be a bug or three?

Some times wenn people are using copy and paste (e.g. insert email-address), whitespace are included in the string. To aviod this problem, I now trim the string.
Last time you entered the key, whitespace may have been saved. With the latest version (without whitespace), the two strings are not identical.

Just enter your key once again, and the problem should be solved.

arne.
a r n e

Return to Software