Sudopedia

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Sudopedia

Postby Ruud » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:13 pm

In an attempt to organize the vast amount of Sudoku knowledge, I have recently spent a lot of time writing new articles in Sudopedia. It is now nearing completion, and although I will certainly require a lot more time to perfect it, now is a good time to ask the sudoku community to evaluate it and provide some assistance improving it.

Sudopedia uses the same Wiki engine as Wikipedia, to which many forum members have already made several contributions.

Although these forums are the ideal platform to develop new solving techniques or improve upon them, it is less suitable as a reference base. There is no nice way to organize topics, automatic categorization and collaborative writing. These features are all present in a Wiki. It is one of the best platforms to write the ultimate guide to Sudoku related topics.

Sudopedia is an open Wiki. Anyone can contribute. It is free. I'm not asking for monetary donations, just for intellectual donations. There are no ads and I'm able to keep it free from spam and vandalism.

Current Status

The index of Sudoku Terminology is very complete. Only a few terms need to be added or clarified. Help is appreciated.

The index of solving techniques needs to be expanded. Several solving techniques only have a brief definition, and many need one or more examples.

The index of Sudoku programs is too short. I have added descriptions of SudoCue and Simple Sudoku, but maybe users of other software can assist in completing this section.

TIA for your help.:D

Ruud
Ruud

Postby tarek » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:57 pm

Interesting work Ruud..........

The players are currently updating terminology of sea life in the ultimate fish guide........ it should work to cmplement the wiki site which you & hopefully others are working at.....

tarek
tarek

Return to Advanced solving techniques