Sudopedia Additions

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Sudopedia Additions

Postby Bud » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:07 pm

There is a lot of new information about the franken and mutant swordfish at Sudopedia, The most interesting is that these are multi-pattern techniques like the row and column swordfish. The only patterns I have seen on the internet before are the rarest of the 5 patterns for these techniques.
Bud

Postby daj95376 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:38 pm

If you're looking for a thread with examples, try ...

http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?t=4993

If you're looking for members to provide examples, that can be arranged beyond your wildest dreams!
daj95376
2014 Supporter

Re: Sudopedia Additions

Postby wintder » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Bud wrote:There is a lot of new information about the franken and mutant swordfish at Sudopedia, The most interesting is that these are multi-pattern techniques like the row and column swordfish. The only patterns I have seen on the internet before are the rarest of the 5 patterns for these techniques.

Dud, you came to the right place. Daj and Ronk know it, if it is known.
wintder

re: Franken/Mutant Swordfish

Postby Pat » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:51 am

here are the links to the SuDoPedia articles ---- the sections on "The 5 Patterns for the Franken Swordfish" and "The 5 Mutant swordfish patterns" were recently added by Nienhaus -- his discussion is flawed in my opinion (but i shan't touch the SuDoPedia).

Nienhaus wrote:The previous example is the maximum pattern for the franken swordfish.
It contains 12 cells
and becuase of this its occurence is much rarer than the any of the other 4 patterns.

actually, the Franken Swordfish is a "hidden pattern" of 15 cells (marked "/")
    the "12 cells" mentioned by Nienhaus
    are those where the digit may occur (marked "X"),
    and nobody said the 12 must all be present
Pat

Return to Advanced solving techniques