SuDoku Tutor 3i with support for Jigsaw SuDoku

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

SuDoku Tutor 3i with support for Jigsaw SuDoku

Postby jpjha » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:56 am

SuDoku was built for developing and testing reasoning power of human beings and not of computers... Then why use solvers... Try each puzzle by yourself...

However if you are new to SuDoku, or get stuck when solving Tough SuDoku Puzzles or want to try SuDoku varients as the Jigsaw SuDoku then you should refer to helper or Tutor..

One such SuDoku Tutor developed by me, gives you step by step solving process and logic involved behind each step... and Supports Classic SuDoku and Jigsaw SuDoku..

The software can be downloaded from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sudoku-tutor/
This will require you to subscribe the said group which is a announcement-onlu list where only new releases are posted for members... no spam...

Any suggesstion for improvement of the software please mail me

Regards,

Jalaj P. Jha
jha.jalaj@gmail.com
jpjha

Postby Pi » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:02 pm

I am an ammeture programmer with no training at all, i tought myself what i know and as a result can make simple programs.

When i found sudoku i found that it is very colse to perfect for programmers like myself. For a start it has only very simple user input (inserting nubers into designated fields) and there needs to be very little information stored in the program other than user input.

Also the program can be as complicated as you want, Pappocoms program is obviously the more advanced end of the spectrum and took 6 years to make, but it is possible to make a simple script which can solve the easiest puzzles and generate poor quality puzzles.
I would advise anyone who wants to practice and learn programming to make a sudoku solver/generator. It's fun
Pi

SuDoku Solver

Postby jpjha » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:38 am

The simplest SuDoku Solvers are based on backtracking and uses logics which human beings cannot follow/useless to follow. What is the difference between such a software and a software that can display all prime numbers between 0 to 1000000000000.

I insist that sudokus should be solved manually and yes why did I made this software?? because I found much satisfaction when I made computer think like humans... just vice versa
jpjha

Return to Software