Sudoku Survey

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Sudoku Survey

Postby aml » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:03 pm

I hope this is an ok thing to post. I am conducting a study on approaches to Sudoku solving for as part of my PhD and I need solvers of different experience and backgrounds. If you have around 5 minutes to fill in the below survey it would be very much appreciated. The survey is anonymous and has been approved by the University's ethics committee. (There is an option to enter your email address at the end for the follow up study but it is entirely optional)

https://standrews.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/ ... jLneoI6nR3
Thank you so much.
Last edited by aml on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
aml

Re: Sudoku Survey

Postby m_b_metcalf » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:16 am

aml wrote:I hope this is an ok thing to post. I am conducting a study on approaches to Sudoku solving for as part of my PhD and I need solvers of different experience and backgrounds. If you have around 5 minutes to fill in the below survey it would be very much appreciated. The survey is anonymous and has been approved by the University's ethics committee. (There is an option to enter your email address at the end for the follow up study but it is entirely optional)

ucp.php?mode=activate&u=49660&k=2I7PMLF2R

Thank you so much.

This looks very dubious. If I'm to help someone in this way, I would expect, as a courtesy, to be given their name, university, faculty and purpose. This looks like phishing, even if it isn't.

Mike Metcalf
m_b_metcalf
2017 Supporter

Postby Mathimagics » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:29 am

My reaction was just the same ... :?
Mathimagics
2017 Supporter

Postby eleven » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:39 pm

It's a bit late to make a study about sudoku solving and techniques - in my eyes 12 years late.
Sounds to be a cheap PhD work.
eleven

Postby 1to9only » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:31 pm

The original URL in OP appears to have been changed! This screams scam to me - the qualtrics.com seems legit, but the standrews.eu (does not exist) is made to look like standrews.edu.
1to9only

Postby tarek » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:53 pm

This has happened before … a post or survey that was subsequently changed to show the poster's true motives. There was once a headline post that was subsequently changed with a change to the thread name :o
tarek

Postby Mathimagics » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:37 pm

I think we have reached a unanimous verdict.

I recommend the death penalty for this thread, and would ask Jason to apply the guillotine! Chop, chop! 8-)
Mathimagics
2017 Supporter

Return to General