Sudoku solver software with logic

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Sudoku solver software with logic

Postby breckjensen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Hello all,

I have written a software to solve sudoku puzzles with pure logic. My software can solve even hard sudoku puzzles. I am implementing some advanced tricks so that it can solve even the hardest sudoku puzzles. The source code to the software has been uploaded in my website : https://sites.google.com/site/skjgeek/

I have also written computer programs to solve other interesting computer puzzles (like calcudoku, killer sudoku etc). Please feel free to download the codes and test it. I will appreciate if you share my website among your friends and colleagues.

I will appreciate your feedback.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=685
breckjensen

Re: Sudoku solver software with logic

Postby Vandermarlière Marc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Hello

Given that I like to make classic sudokus, my brother-in-law who is English, regularly sends to me sudokus "Killer".

I managed to find a solution to ordinary Sudoku with Excel. But I did not get there for the Sudoku Killer.
In searching on the internet I saw that the language "Python" allows to treat the algorithms. So I initiated myself to Python with your book: "Programming with Python having fun - For dummies".
It seems to me that this language should make it possible to solve the Killers but I did not succed. I must tell you that I am 71 years old and that I am no very good in programation.

I have seen your work “Killer Sudoku Solver”, with students.
Would you be willing to help me develop such a program ? Or better, could send me a program and tell me which langage I have to download first.

How ever I have elaborated an algotithme. And it seems to me that the two main critical points are:
- data entry: the composition of the forms (~ 30 per grid) and the totals indicated must be entered. It seems to me that the best thing would be direct input by scanning the grid; but is it possible?
- After the treatment of the obvious figures, we must try the figures still possible successively for the box x, then x + 1, ..., go back if it stuck, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Marc
m-vdmarliere@wanadoo.fr

PS : excuse me for my poor English
Vandermarlière Marc

Return to Software