Sudoku puzzle testers wanted!

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Sudoku puzzle testers wanted!

Postby onlinesudokupuzzles » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:53 pm

We are about to launch an online competitive sudoku site. Play online against the clock and your fellow contestants. All games are rated. Can you become, daily, weekly or club champion? Be the no.1 sudoku rated player on the site? We require 30-40 sudoku nuts to receive a free 2 week membership to test the site before it goes live. The top 10 performers will receive an additional fee month access to the site. Prices are likely to be £5.99 a month, £30 for 6 months and £48 for a year. competitions will be held daily - there is no fee to enter or participate in any of the competitions for members - weekly and monthly initially with a 'ladder' league for rated challenges. Future idea's include 'International' Matches and team competitions including a 'world cup'. Prizes (though not cash initially) will be available for winners and runners up. We have unique software that precludes the use of solvers - so the site is fair to all. The use of Solvers will result in expulsion from the site with no refund. Rated tournaments will be held and four 'Grand Slam' tourneys will be for the highest rated players, invitational to the seeds, qualifying for the rest.
If you are interested in being a tester, email spinkycleft@hotmail.com, if you are successful in about 2 weeks you will receive your username and password to enter the site as well as the full URL's necessary - first come first served.
Thank you for reading this,
onlinesudokupuzzles

Postby stuartn » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:25 pm

I'd be MOST suprised if any members of this august organ fall for this.
This is essentially an .educational forum. Not a knocking shop.

Try Yahoo
stuartn

Postby PaulIQ164 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:26 pm

In any case, you'd do very well to stop people using solving programs altogether. That's got to be impossible.
PaulIQ164

re testers wanted.

Postby onlinesudokupuzzles » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:52 am

Stuart,
I am sorry if it comes across poorly and I hope I did not offend posting here. It is a genuine test, i shall repost with a URL soon that will allow people to apply.
It is nearly impossible to prevent the use of 'solvers' but it is possible to make it very hard to use one without detection using an algorithm testing several different potential variables. I am not going to post what they are but this is one of the reasons we want testers:)
Spinkticus.
onlinesudokupuzzles

Return to Advanced solving techniques