Sudoku programmers' forum

Sudoku puzzles, off-site games and other resources on the Internet

Re: Sudoku programmers' forum

Postby StrmCkr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:56 pm

that would be amazing if we can get the old programmers forum backed up here so much good information lost on its disappearance.
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
stormdoku
StrmCkr

Postby JasonLion » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:03 pm

We hope to restore a fair bit as a static website, not a forum. However, much will still be missing as no one has a complete backup.
JasonLion
2017 Supporter

Postby StrmCkr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:45 pm

i know it wont be the forum, but any of the coding information that's gone back would be wonderful.

albiet not all of it, even a smidgen of the lost work is appreciated :) looking forward to seeing some of it restored
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
stormdoku
StrmCkr

Postby tarek » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Trnsferred, I hope this works.

The forum was copied to depth 4 (not what I mentioned before) which should make anything within 3 clicks of the start page accessible.

With the way the forum links are displayed, this means that that we have the very old & the very new but we missed the middle.

The early exchanges are still interesting. You will stumble across simes, Madoverload , angusj & rubylips (rubulips' Nishio enabled solver was the reason behind my interest in sudoku programming, :oops: ). You may come across me & other current forum members as well in those early exchanges 11-12 years ago under the same username or different ones.

I wish to thank Jason for his continued efforts & I wish to thank everyone that contributed into realising this effort.

tarek
tarek

Postby tarek » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Referring to my backup:

The Programming Sudoku section (where most of the juicy stuff exists) has 14 pages of topics. In my backup you can reach page 4 of the topics, all of which you can't access as it requires depth 5 to reach. Page 11 of that section has the same fate. No topic pages 5-10 in that section :cry:

The rest of the forum Sections & topics should be all partly accessible :D

Any thread that is big enough to have more pages than what can be allowed through links in the topics page may also have part or all pages missing depending on how many clicks you require to go through pages in addition to the number of clicks you needed to get there in the 1st place from the start page!!!

The completeness of this Depth 4 backup is not verified but as StrmCkr said: A smidge or as I would say it: A whiff of that forum is better than nothing

tarek
tarek

Postby JasonLion » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:06 pm

I have a preliminary static mirror of the Programmers Forum up and running at http://programmers.enjoysudoku.com/.

There are links that don't lead to anything useful all over the site. Most of them will come up not found, but some will lead to the spam site currently at www.setbb.com, as well as elsewhere.

Thanks to tarek for providing the backup! His backup was more complete than I expected. Lots of stuff there.
JasonLion
2017 Supporter

Postby tarek » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:22 pm

1 year anniversary of the static mirrored forum. I'm very happy that my backup came to be helpful!!! I'm hoping that somebody there may have a more complete backup!!!

tarek
tarek

Postby enxio27 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:47 am

:D Kudos, tarek!
enxio27

Previous

Return to On the web