Sudoku on Kindle (and browser)

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Sudoku on Kindle (and browser)

Postby mbk » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:20 am

Hi, I'm new here and the lock down has meant I ran out of puzzles a while back so I had a go at doing something that would allow me to do Sudoku on my Kindle. I came up with this page and it seems to work OK. Obviously it works OK in a browser to. I've almost completed it but wondered if you guys could take a peep and tell me what I missed or what's confusing. You can enter your own puzzles on the settings page if mine are a bit beneath you. Many thanks.

Sudoku puzzles on Kindle (or your browser)

Mike
mbk

Re: Sudoku on Kindle (and browser)

Postby Pupp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:58 am

What are you using, a Kindle fire?

There a several, at least, websites that have more puzzles than you can throw a stick at. I can't see using a ePaper kindle as a web browser and having any fun using it.

In any event, you need to include pencil mark functions for your project. Not really sure if one could subdivide your cells on an eReader and have legible numbers. Not all eReaders are 300 ppi.
Pupp

Postby mbk » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:22 am

It works absolutely fine on a Kindle paperwhite. You can alternate between entering pencil marks (or options or candidates) by clicking the "Values" button under the puzzle. It works in a very similar way on your browser. There's a very short help page that explains things. Thanks for giving some feedback.

Mike
mbk

Postby Pupp » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 am

I meant to clarify that ePaper is not an ideal way to surf the web. It's doable, but pretty rough.
Pupp

Postby mbk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:37 am

Can I ask if you've tried it on the Kindle? It seems to work quite well for others. I'll freely admit that you have to wait a second between button presses simply because the Kindle is a little slow but that's not much of an issue when solving Sudoku or at least at the speed I solve them. If you really don't like using your kindle then you can just use a browser.

I did produce a shorter URL for you to enter on the Kindle : shorturl.at/nuO89
mbk

Return to General