sudoku number in The Australian

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

Postby bassettjohn » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:15 pm

for puzzle solution it says to enter first 5 digits of puzzle and yet my paper has only 3 digits.How to find solution for the solution?
bassettjohn

Re: sudoku number in The Australian

Postby Cec » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 am

bassettjohn wrote:for puzzle solution it says to enter first 5 digits of puzzle and yet my paper has only 3 digits.How to find solution for the solution?

Hi bassettjohn,
I suspect the Forum needs more info from you as to why you can't get a reply to your problem. Some time ago I can recall seeing a link posted in this forum which provides a solution to a puzzle after entering the first five digits of the puzzle number. It may well be that not all puzzles published in daily newspapers around the world are "privy" to this on-line service. As an alternative, you could try posting your puzzle to this forum as described HERE and hopefully someone will respond to your specific request for help.

Cec
Cec

Postby daj95376 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:44 am

Every puzzle comes with a minimum of 17 supplied digits initially. Try putting in the first five of them!
daj95376
2014 Supporter

Postby Cec » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:54 am

daj95376 wrote:Every puzzle comes with a minimum of 17 supplied digits initially. Try putting in the first five of them!

Thanks daj95376. Your comments make sense. I notice that the Sudoku puzzle published today in the Melbourne "Herald-Sun" has 26 digits (clues) and is designated as puzzle number 964 which is a three-digit number. It would seem bassettjohn is inadvertently entering the three-digit puzzle number designated for the "The Australian" newspaper puzzle rather than entering the first five digits which of course is the first five given clues of the puzzle in order to obtain the solution.

I hope this helps bassettjohn.

Cec
Cec

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques