Sudoku Live on Sky One (1 July 2005) Was it any good?

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Sudoku Live on Sky One (1 July 2005) Was it any good?

Postby simes » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:06 pm

Was it any good?
Last edited by simes on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simes

Postby simes » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:08 pm

I voted for option 2. If I have nothing better to do, I may watch it. But, to be honest, probably not.

Simes
simes

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:01 pm

I thought the programme was ok, but to try & solve the puzzle given on the show first you have to run off to your computer to print off the grid from the website & then when you're halfway through solving it, Carol gives you lots of free numbers, so really feels like you're cheating & you don't need to complete the puzzle to get the four numbers in the corners!!

So overall I didn't think it was as good as I thought it might be & who really cares if one city is quicker than another - its just boring celebs on TV again! The only interesting thing would have been to know how long it took the quickest person in the studio to solve the puzzle & they didn't even tell us!!

Anyway that's what I thought of the show!!!
Tim

Postby AMcK » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:21 am

I was in the audience and was impressed that it was genuinely "live" TV with no delays. Also impressed by Carol Vorderman who's a sudoku fan and came up with the idea for the programme. There is no intention to make this a series in its current form and I doubt that it would be successful if they did. It was clear however that many technologies and ideas not fully used in the programme could be reassembled to make a viable game show. So the correct question is "could a successful sudoku TV game series be made, using the experience from the pilot?"
AMcK
AMcK

Postby RFB » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:27 pm

With the first set of extra numbers that made the puzzle valid it was a reasonably tough puzzle.
But all of the extra clue numbers that were added after that made the puzzle trivial and so the second half of the show was not worthwhile.
RFB

Postby spretz » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:03 pm

Fair enough on the first show to have an easy one. But in future shows it would be better if they had a really tricky one with no extra numbers for people to solve.
spretz

Return to General