Sudoku Game

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Sudoku Game

Postby george-no1 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:00 pm

Has anyone heard of the game 'Sudoku Quest'?

You can download it from here. It claims that it contains an endless amount of 'boards', and is free to download.

However, there is one drawback I can see without trying it out; it rates a 34-clue puzzle as 'hard'. I'd like to see the 'easy'.

If anyone knows of it or is going to be downloading it, let me know what you think of it.

George:)
george-no1

Re: Sudoku Game

Postby gfroyle » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:06 am

george-no1 wrote:. It claims that it contains an endless amount of 'boards', and is free to download.

I would be a little suspicious of anybody offering "endless" permutations in a finite puzzle... maybe "vast numbers" would be more accurate. After all, the distinction between finite and infinite is pretty important!

Apart from that it looks nice enough from the screenshots, but it is Windoze only so I can't actually use it, and there surely are enough free Sudoku programs out there to make paying money a bit extravagant!

Cheers

Gordon
gfroyle

Re: Sudoku Game

Postby george-no1 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:04 pm

gfroyle wrote:I would be a little suspicious of anybody offering "endless" permutations in a finite puzzle... maybe "vast numbers" would be more accurate.

Good point. Perhaps someone should point that out to them.

gfroyle wrote:...paying money a bit extravagant

Free to download though. There are quite a few out there but it looked nice.

George:)
george-no1

Postby Lindy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:37 pm

Well, it certainly does look nice, but ....

I wouldn't buy a Sudoku game unless it offered something different from the free programmes, apart from pretty graphics.

I tried the online puzzle and the only way to list possible values (not that the puzzle needed them) was manually. That was a right put-off as I'd expect a programme to do that automatically. It could be a feature of the download but I don't think I'll bother with that programme.
Lindy

Return to General