Sudoku game for handheld PC?

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Sudoku game for handheld PC?

Postby fehrion » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:05 am

After looking around the internet and seeing some versions of sudoku programs for handheld PC's I was wondering if anyone knew of a version for my handheld which I've just dug out of the cupboard. I have a Philips Velo 1 with 12mb of memory and it runs Windows CE2. Any one know of anything or whether an existing program can be converted to run on this platform?
fehrion

Postby Pi » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:26 am

if your handheld PC has excel then you can type them in manually and solve them, you would need to prepare them a bit but if you have a program on your desktop such as the one from papoccom then it shouldn't take too long
Pi

Postby fehrion » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:53 am

Can you explain further? It sounds interesting. What preparation? Do you mean the Sudoku program from Pappacom? I have that.
fehrion

Postby Pi » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:37 pm

All you need to do if format cell lines to the sudoku grid shape and then type the numbers in, it takes about a minute to type them in.

The Papocomm program can just be used to generate them in the normal way and then just type them into excel.

Using different font sizes you can put in pencil marks and it is easy to add a few hundred formulee to tell you if you've gone wrong, i could e-mail you the kerfufle filter if you want
Pi

Postby fehrion » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:05 pm

Sorry for my ignorance - "kerfufle filter" - what is this? "A few hundred formulee" - what formulee?
fehrion

Postby Pi » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:26 am

it may be easyest if i just send you the spreadsheet in e-mail
Pi

Postby fehrion » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:07 pm

Thanks a lot for the spreadsheet file. Much appreciated.

fehrion
fehrion

Return to Software